JME Applet missing library

Sep 21, 2009 10:13:58 PM com.jmex.awt.applet.BaseApplet init

INFO: Applet initialized.

Sep 21, 2009 10:13:58 PM com.jmex.awt.applet.BaseApplet start

INFO: Applet started.

Sep 21, 2009 10:13:58 PM com.jmex.awt.applet.BaseApplet$1 run

INFO: display_parent.isDisplayable() = true

Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)

at com.jmex.awt.applet.BaseApplet$1.run(BaseApplet.java:120)

I've googled this error and it says to use -Djava.library.path but i can't use that for an applet that runs in the browser (that i know of). Also from the tutorial it says to use natives.jar but i can't seem to find the download to lwjglapplettest so i've been basically guessing at the natives.jar directory structure first including all of the operating system natives and then windows only… can someone help please?

this person seems to be having the same problem: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.0

but no one answered him  :?

Have a look here, that is what you need:

This tutorial should help you:

http://www.lwjgl.org/wiki/doku.php/lwjgl/tutorials/applet

Thanks that tutorial worked. I had to unjar all of the lwjgl stuff though and delete the META-INF and sign it with my own cert and then sign myjar.jar to make it work… also needed to put the /com/ folder in myjar.jar. I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem

Grats you did it!

Normally you don't have to resign the libs (for applet). I'm quite sure about that. (I will check this when I'm @home after work) Usually you only have to sign your jars.

I thought to do it like also but was glad that it wasn't needed.

The only really big problem is if you want to use more than one native-libs. For that I didn't find a sollution. (beside webstart)

[EDIT] Found that on the lwjgl-applet tutorial:

As long as your application doesn't use any features that require signed access, then you should have no problems (If you do need signed access, then you should resign it all with your own valid certificate).

...but we all know working with applets! For me it is already connected to problems somehow somewhere.... :D (Sadly)