jME BSD licesne - compatible with GPL?

I have a question relating to the license that jME is released under.  On the Wiki it states that jME is released under the BSD license.  The original BSD license is incompatible with GPL because of the "infamous" advertising clause.  In 1999 the BSD license was revised to remove this requirement making it GPL compatible. 

Looking at the Wiki, it looks as though jME is released under BSD-new, the revised BSD license that is compatible with GPL, but can one of the devs confirm this?

Our license is in the header of every source file.  I'm not sure how to tell the difference off the top of my head, but if you are familiar, a quick look should tell you.

I just did a bit of checking on this.  jME is the BSD-new style license.  What this means is that jME can be used, packaged and redistributed in a GPL licensed piece of software without requiring the consent of the original authors.  However, GPL based code cannot be added to jME without the consent of all the authors.

This means that if you are leveraging code from (or derived from?) a product that is out under GPL that none of that work can be incorporated into jME without consent from all of the original authors.

So the problem for me is that some of the code from my old 2D game used other GPL based code.  If I derive from that, and add 3D components and awareness to it, none of that code can go into jME (not that I had a snowball's chance in hell of that happening anyway!) unless I secure consent first.  I don't think I will be able to do that, as already my attempts to contact people have come up empty.  This means I'd have to maintain any code I did as a separate add-on to jME, licensed separately.  I guess that's not so bad, but I had hoped the code might someday be pulled in.

I assume that MonkeyWorld3D is new-BSD also?