jME game developers house

I came up with an idea for jME game developers to live under the same roof. It has already proved successful for competitive E-SPORTS teams, where players live together, train and practice against each other, although this is only feasible through sponsorship and investors.

So my thought would be to get a group of people together and develop jME games full time. Streaming live events, “our house” and attending events to promote the sponsors. Would be a fun and enjoyable experience to say the least. Wake up, code in jME, party at night! ^^

Nothing is set in stone, I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are, and if there are any concerns. If there is significant interest here, then I can direct potential investors to this thread. Potential recruits would need to have very little “strings attached” at your current home, but you would for example be able to bring partners. The house would be located in the UK, probably in the Bristol/Bath area but its open for negotiation! /discuss

1 Like

Nice, idea! :slight_smile:

Edit: missread “partners” as “parents” and thought it was a bit strange :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Who’s paying for the relocation? :stuck_out_tongue: Moving from Eastern Canada to the British Island costs a little wee bit more than a couple of hundred $/Euros or whatever. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Realistically speaking… who would sponsor/invest and who would watch?

1 Like

jME Studio. I can see that.

As long as it’s not sponsored by Apple. :wink: lol

1 Like

This is something I aspire towards eventually, but I think I’d need at least a year of industry experience before getting involved with a startup of this sort.

1 Like

yeah, do a big brother house :roll:

1 Like
@zarch said:
Realistically speaking... who would sponsor/invest and who would watch?

People with really strange ideas of good television :)

I'd love to hang out in England, though I'm tied to where I am for at least the next year or two
1 Like
@sbook said:
People with really strange ideas of good television :)

Yeah, I'm continually surprised at the kind of TV programs that make it these days. The television equivalent of an accident scene.

So you'd probably have to inject one C++ or hardcore Unity developer into the house for drama. And then leave various weapons laying around.
1 Like

How about a directx/ microsoft developer as a guest :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah. A Dot Net Developer Would Probably Totally Drive Everyone Crazy.

1 Like
@zarch said:
Realistically speaking... who would sponsor/invest and who would watch?

Anyone, Investors get a return from the games we make, and sponsors get publicity.

Just take a look at the EG mansion, A Starcraft 2 Gaming Team, there loads of these around, none for a development company tho AFAIK, so we would be the first!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXvLj5TCKw

@madjack said:
Who's paying for the relocation? :P Moving from Eastern Canada to the British Island costs a little wee bit more than a couple of hundred $/Euros or whatever. :P

Might be able to get subsidized i'm not sure yet :P

Also I really wasn't thinking about a reality TV show guys ^^, just streaming events, and showing people how to program games, going to gaming events, like dreamhack etc..

So is there anyone who would be up for it? I'm gonna start messaging potential gaming sponsors soon
@wezrule said:
So is there anyone who would be up for it? I'm gonna start messaging potential gaming sponsors soon

If you do get sponsors, I'm pretty sure candidates would pop, so the first hurdle is not to get "participants", but funding. Fix that and the rest shouldn't be a problem.
1 Like

i’m not sure, I think that may be worse. “Hello give me money, I promise i’'ll find awesome people.”, they probably wont waste their time.

I think get a solid group together, get a business plan sorted, and pitch to a few keen companies, and show them what we got to offer, and convince them its the right choice :), so you interested @madjack ? <3 :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyS9Qy570wY

2 Likes
@pspeed said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyS9Qy570wY

xD
1 Like

^^ so @normen i hear your bored of germany now :wink:

@wezrule said:
"Hello give me money, I promise i''ll find awesome people."

I think get a solid group together...

Sounds good, but I beg to differ. If your business plan is sound investors know (or their assistants) there are great Java programmers around. To use the "reality tv" verisimilitude, you don't get a group of people first; the concept is what is important. Finding people to fill openings is trivial.

so you interested madjack ? <3 :)

And that's where everything falls apart. :P
1 Like

ok so its me + madjack + normen, need about 2/3 others.

Funny, I had a similar idea. If pirateHell succeeds the earning could sponsor a full-time-hour-team for jme. This would be inevitable cause the next steps would be an android-port and some other stuff.

But as always these are currently just some clouds in my mind.

1 Like