jME game developers Livestream Event [LOOKING FOR PEOPLE]

Hey guys

After some discussion, me and @androlo, along with 2 lucky people would like to host a Livestream event (date: TBA), where we will talk about different aspects of game development, jME, what we have done, show videos, advertise peoples games and then answer questions from this community and the live chat, generally promoting jME best we can! in a fun and exciting way.

If you would be interested in this, please post here. If it is successful then we may make this a regular thing! If you have any questions you would like to ask us as well, then please feel free to post them here and we will create a list of suitable ones and answer them on air. We are also looking for people to help backstage with: sounds, videos, overlays for the cams, and general technical expertise. I can’t wait for this! gonna be awesome :slight_smile:

something in the format of this, would be what it would be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEDoDQbDtIU

Note: by developers i mean people who make games not just the "devs" :)

You are like a duracell bunny :stuck_out_tongue:

(I’m not being rude, take it as a compliment)

1 Like

I suggest to upload that afterwards to youtube or similar as well then, so that you are not necessarly have to view it live.

1 Like
@kwando said:
You are like a duracell bunny :P

(I'm not being rude, take it as a compliment)

compliment taken :)
@EmpirePhoenix said:
I suggest to upload that afterwards to youtube or similar as well then, so that you are not necessarly have to view it live.

Yh we will do :)

I think for the first one to become popular, i think we need to target it towards people who want to make video games and don’t know much about the specifics of jME itself, then heir more towards the specifics of jME as popularity increases. But i guess this will be discussed further once a team of people has been formed.

Looking for about 4 more people who would be interested, but we will probably only want to showcase 4 people at a time. Then we could have a rotation scheme, and reserve people if they are unavailable etc :slight_smile: someone on the inside of the jME core would be very handy also! as they are after all the experts. I’m guessing it would be about 1-2 hours long? each time we do it.

I also suggest using Justin.tv for the livestreaming as I have used them a lot for viewing (streamed a little also) and they have a nice gaming section, and also a dedicated gaming stream site (twitch.tv), but not sure if that’s only solely for streaming live game content, and less about discussion. The video above (for starcraft 2) is done live on justin.tv and hits about 2-3k live views at any one time.

You need to think about who the target audience is and also what’s going to attract them. What is going to make people spend X amount of their time listening.

I’d also suggest that for the first one you keep it short. Better to do 30 minutes and have it fun and interesting and have plenty of material and keep people wanting more than to do 2 hours and have the second half be people going “um”.

2 Likes

good points, i agree the first one should be more flashy showing jME’s potential, videos and just a good time, and get people excited that making games is fun :slight_smile: rather than a bunch of (awesome) people discussing jME API’s :), you interested in a position?

Me? I barely have time to breathe most days let alone taking something new on. :stuck_out_tongue: I can only justify spending as much time reading these forums as I do since it’s the best way to learn the ins and outs of the engine. (And I read fast).

What did you have in mind?

your probably the fastest learning person to use jME i’ve ever seen so, sounds like your already well established with game making, and would be a valuable asset! :slight_smile: as your technically still a beginner jME user (albeit very advanced at the same time :)). It shouldn’t be more than 30 minutes like you say, and we will move on from there :slight_smile: it will be a good chance to tell the community who you are, what projects your working on etc… will be good advertising for you as well :slight_smile: as well as really fun :D! you won’t have to really prepare anything either, but its up to u, ill still <3 u either way

Now this one (wezruleidea#332) I can get behind. If we could get something similar to the Overgrowth Weekly Livestream and WPCandy Podcasts going that would be super exciting. Some additional topics suggestions would be noteworthy projects & contributions (I highlight the bulk of them on Twitter) and changes in Nightly and Stable.

Regarding the “backstage” stuff, audio et. al., make sure you don’t let that slow down your first livestream. Just get it live and take notes for next time :wink:

I’ll happily help advertise these events; I’d even be interested in participating, though I’d like to see the first livestream and see what I’d be dealing with first, he he.

1 Like

I was talking about doing something like this with the core devs for long but I don’t think everybody’s compatible. Doing something like the above is easily possible actually.

1 Like

Does this change the “be drunk or high” rule? Either way I’m in. Drunk is no problems I could just chug a few beers first. I don’t have any drugs per se, but we got lots of farming and machine stuff here, gasoline, chemicals, I could probably cook something up.

I’d prefer to be sober tho.

1 Like

@erland_sh hehe ok sounds gd :stuck_out_tongue:

@androlo <3 ive been clean of drugs for 6 months now :slight_smile: so I’m not having any, but ur more than welcome, can’t promise I won’t be a bit drunk tho :). Not gonna make any rules about this tho :slight_smile: we still need more people :slight_smile:

@normen interested? :slight_smile:

@wezrule2 i hate you, no :stuck_out_tongue: i’m so fucking busy right now :confused:

edit: but I got sick software in place to do this even live… just give it some time. do some scouting for us :wink:

1 Like

Hehe I suppose u can’t do everything ^^ but was worth a shot :stuck_out_tongue:

@wezrule2 said:
your probably the fastest learning person to use jME i've ever seen so, sounds like your already well established with game making, and would be a valuable asset! :) as your technically still a beginner jME user (albeit very advanced at the same time :)). It shouldn't be more than 30 minutes like you say, and we will move on from there ^_^ it will be a good chance to tell the community who you are, what projects your working on etc.. will be good advertising for you as well :) as well as really fun :D! you won't have to really prepare anything either, but its up to u, ill still <3 u either way

The manager on my last contract said almost exactly the same thing only he was talking about the software I was writing for his bank :D I've worked on a lot of different things over the years.

There's no chance I can do anything in the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that I guess you can sign me up :)
@zarch said:
I've worked on a lot of different things over the years.

There's no chance I can do anything in the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that I guess you can sign me up :)

Hehe then you can add this to the list ^_^
Okkies i will hold you to that :)

Guys still looking for more people!, if you don't wanna be seen we can always get an overlay for you if you want. This will be easy and fun, and support you and jME! :) we will also organise a time to suit everyone

I would watch the “show” for sure ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

woop 2 people on air and 1 viewer this gonna be awesome ^^ please don’t throw tomatoes at us <33 @androlo when will you be free in 1-2 weeks? think maybe we will have to do this ourselves at the start, then when everyone sees how awesome it is, they will want to join in ^^. I think to make it easy, we will just play a few jME games, show the jME beta video, and the forester and sky, and just have fun :slight_smile:

@normen whats this software you speak of? 8) need to be able to transition from different templates (cam with overlay, cams at bottom when we play games etc…, this possible? :))

Yeah exactly. Its called “BoinxTV” and has quite a few options including RSS/twitter streams, presenter modes and more. OSX only :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d prefer to do the video conference part via google+ hangouts later though, pretty easy to share the desktop etc. I’d record the show in HD locally and stream it on justin or w/e at the same time.

2 Likes