JME has meny features but a few of them are not easily acces

JME has meny features but a few of them are not easily accessible. For example lets say you have a game that a few models have to have bump mapping. To do this you have to load the model then you have to decide what models need bump mapping and add the fragment program. A similar problem would come up if you need mutitextures. The best way to solve this problem that I can think of is adding fragment programs / vertex programs and mutitextures to the xml files. Then a user can use a tool like my editor to add the features they want to the indivigual xml files.I know that I mentioned this before but I want to explain the reason why I think the xml files need to be updated.

You tell me what you want, and I can put it into the .jme format, as long as it’s not too difficult. On the feature note, Clone is pretty much done. I’ll be posting the code shortly.

The ability to specify multitextures, vertex program states, and Fragment program states.

When you are done I will update my editor so it can use these new functions.

Can I still expect the changes, or did you decide not to implement them?

Never saw your reply :frowning: I’ll put them in after the clone code is commited.

I looked at vertex and fragment states, and I don’t think those can easily be put in because it’s a huge float[94][4] array. Plus, it would have to create a variable inside VertexState to store the URL of the last load. Just seems like a lot to write to XML, but it ‘could’ be done.

Multitextures, I can definantly get it (I think :/) Give me a week to do that, as I think it over.

"Cep21" wrote:
I looked at vertex and fragment states, and I don't think those can easily be put in because it's a huge float[94][4] array. Plus, it would have to create a variable inside VertexState to store the URL of the last load. Just seems like a lot to write to XML, but it 'could' be done.

Most of the array is normally null. You only have to write the non null parameters witch is not much.

One set of parameters is static. Many applications probably would want to set them themselves after loading the filles. I would recommend having an option to save these at the beginning or end of the file but not for each state.

Any news?

This week’s been evil, but I should be able to post a code review for multitexture support tonight (??)

Waiting Patiently