Jme import of exported collada (with bones) not working

hello there…

when i import a collada object with a bone controller it appears fine…

however after i export using

BinaryExporter.getInstance().save(node_skin_and_skeleton_attachedTo,  file);

and then import using (in a seperate application)

importedNode = (Node)BinaryImporter.getInstance().load(file);

the model is totally messed up…

note that when i tried this without using bones and just the model itself via com.jmex.model.util.ModelLoader the model appeared fine…

note : i'm leveraging code from both ModelLoader and jmetest.renderer.loader.TestColladaLoading…

thanks…

i think i've found what the issue here is…

my scene graph effectively looks like this

parentNode

• skinNode
  • skeleton

i applied a scale and rotation to parentNode and exported parentNode to jme format…

when i loaded parentNode.jme the model is incorrect…

however when i attempted this again without applying any transformations it imports fine…

so i'm wondering if i would be correct in saying that local transformations are not supported for export by either SkinNode or Bone???

i can workaround it by applying the transformations in the 3d package but it would be nice to be able to do it in jme and export to jme correctly…

thanks…

Can you put together a small code sample illustrating this issue with the collada test model?

just sent you a mail…

this occurs on jme imported files too…

seems to be scale is causing the problem…

i exported and reimported a rotated skin node and bones just fine…

it's strange that if i apply the scale to an imported model from either jme or collada it works fine in the scene…

it's only when i export the scaled model to jme and reimport that the model is incorrect…

i don't think i'm doing anything unusual…famous last words…

There's definitely issues scaling at the Bone level…  Have you tried only scaling the skin mesh itself?

scale is fine as long as no bones are attached…