JME.JAR Not built correctly (Problem Solved)

For some reason eclipse says it can’t find the com.jme.app.BaseGame

but it can find every other import. This error goes away when I remove the rt.jar from the list of libs included by eclipse. Anyone have any idea why this would be? When I remove rt.jar I get an error that says java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. Anyone know what the problem here is?

Thanks for any help!

Okay ... I experimented some more and still can't get this to work. So far I've done the following.

1) Downloaded jme from cvs using eclipse
2) Built JME using ant (no errors have all the jars)
3) Created a new project in eclipse called jmetesting
4) Added the jme.jar, jogg.jar, jorbis.jar and lwjgl.jar files to the buildpath. I also added the jme/lib folder to the build path where all the dlls are.
5) I then copied the TestSphere.java file from the jme.src.jmetest.renderer and put it into my new blank project.
6) I removed the package declaration from TestSphere.java
7) Eclipse complains that
import com.jme.bounding.BoundingBox; cannot be resolved and
import com.jme.scene.shape.Sphere; cannot be resolved
All the other imports seem to be okay.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It seems really odd for just these files to be left out. They do exist in the version of jme I checked out. Could my jar file have left out these files? Is there anyway to test this. Thanks for any help!!!!

Okay I found the problem but don't know why it's happening. I opened up my jme.jar and it doesn't have the bounding folder in it or the shape folder. Are these supposed to be part of jme.jar or am I missing something?

PROBLEM SOLVED

This is embarassing. I forgot to tell eclipse to use the 'dist' argument when building with ant. I'm gonna add this step to the eclipse wiki tutorial so others don't fall into this trap. Can't wait to start trying out some demos now! woot.

~shochu

Glad you got it working! :slight_smile: