Jme-jfx for jme 3.4.0 and jfx 12+

Hello everyone,
I have (finally) pushed my updates to the jme-jfx library.

tlf30/jme-jfx: A up-to-date fork of the jme-jfx library. Compatible with jme 3.4.0 and javafx 12+. (github.com)

A basic changelog:

• Fix cursors not working
  • Fix input events for more consistent consumption
  • Modifications for jfx 12+
  • Modification for jme 3.4.0
  • Other minor fixes

FAQ:

• Why was the package name changed?
    • Because I own the domain tlf.io and have control over that namespace. I can publish packages with this namespace to maven central and other package repositories.
  • Why are these changes not pushed to the jme archive of jayfella’s branch?
    • If people would like they can be, but the archive is for javafx 11 with jme 3.3.0, this project is for javafx 12 and jme 3.4.0.
  • Why are the packages not available on maven central?
    • They are, see below for maven artifact.
  • What do I need to change in my application to update?
    • You will need to update to javafx 12 or above, and to jme 3.4.0.
    • You will need to update the package imports to io.tlf.jme.* instead of com.jayfella.jme.*
  • Are you planning on including the updated version of jme-jfx-embedded?
    • Yes, I will integrate that into the repo, I have several more fixes to add to it before it is ready though.
  • Will you be providing jfx 11 and jme 3.3.0 packages?
    • No, those already exist and are not included in the scope of this repo.

I hope this is useful to everyone. I will continue to work on getting everything on maven central. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Maven artifact:

<dependency>
  <groupId>io.tlf.jme</groupId>
  <artifactId>jme-jfx</artifactId>
  <version>1.2.1</version>
</dependency>
10 Likes

Thank you for your work! :slight_smile:
Going to use it as soon as it’s on maven central!

1 Like

Thank you @NoPoison, I’m currently in the approval process with sonatype for getting access to maven central. I hope it will be done by the end of today.

1 Like

Is in this a fix for the Mouse Cursor not changing over Textfields? It’s the only thing that is bugging me with this project, that the Mouse doesn’t change when hovering over Textfields etc.
I think it was discussed in the original thread from jayfella, but I don’t think he fixed that.

I would love to fix it myself but I think it’s way over my head…

1 Like

Yes, I have fixed cursors. They will change accordingly now. Also you can set your own cursors.

1 Like

Another thing to note, as it may require changes, I have removed slf4j as a dependency. All logging is now done with native java loggers.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I have done my first publish to maven central. Please try it and let me know if it works for you. I have been told it may take a couple hours for index to complete.

<dependency>
  <groupId>io.tlf.jme</groupId>
  <artifactId>jme-jfx</artifactId>
  <version>1.2.1</version>
</dependency>
1 Like

Works perfectly!
Haven’t encountered any problems yet

1 Like

Great to hear that it is working for you. Let me know if you have any questions or find any issues.

1 Like