JME noob again

Thanks :slight_smile: - i really want to get this working so I can write some stuff.

I did have problems with this graphics card & lwjgl +jme 0.2 a few months ago, but the right/latest Matorx driver sorted this out.

Ok, I think I got the checks in properly, I’m unable to test though, because my cards support multi-texturing.

Please, give that a try and let me know what your results are. Knowing me, I forgot something on the first attempt.

Ok. You want me to check out from CVS & run the tests again?

I’ll get back with the results.

crap…

please confirm com.jme.scene.state.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureState.java has the following:

if(GLContext.GL_ARB_multitexture) {

GL13.glActiveTexture(index)

}

if so, we have a strange case: You’re card is reporting it support multitexture but then dies with 1.3.

Yes it does at line 151/152.

:?

ok, update and try again. I added:

if(GLContext.GL_ARB_multitexture && GLContext.OpenGL13)

which will check that you have both multitexturing support and 1.3 support.

Ok - good stuff! :slight_smile:

I have run the following sucessfully:

TestCollision

TestMilestone2

TestBezierCurve

TestMilkshapeASCII

TestWidgetApp2

TestLWJGLRendererTriMesh, TestFogState, TestWireframeState - which work but seem to freeze the screen until I quit it using the task manager. These are all part of the renderer.state package I think.

Thanks mojo! :slight_smile:

Good. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Ok Thanks.

As I said the renderer.state doesn’t seem to go very smoothly with it the tests freezing (but not fatally). I also get some interference on the screen where text info seems to be - I think its where the FPS info is - bottom left hand side.

Anyway I’m probably being fussy, I’m just gald you got it working for me. I’ll see how I go when I write a few apps.

Are you running them full screen? Those are really early tests and don’t make use of input, therefore you can only exit by clicking the window close button. There is no text displayed, so I’m not sure what you are seeing at the bottom left.

Ok thanks - I was running them full screen.

I’ll send you a screen shot if I get any of the interference again.

Thanks again!