jME on Mac using Java 6 Developer Preview

Hi, I am trying to run jME on my Mac with the Java 6 Developer Preview (version 110).  The error I get is:

SEVERE: Exception in game loop

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/rich/workspace/jme/lib/liblwjgl.jnilib:

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1739)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)

…

I am guessing this is due to the fact a different native library is needed for OS X with Java 6 (versus Java 5, which is the current default on Mac)? 

If I am correct in this guess, can you advise where I might obtain the correct native libraries.  I have looked on the LWJGL site, but not found them.

Thanks in advance,

-Chuck Rich

Currently LWJGL doesn't have support for Java 6 on mac. One of the developers told me that in another thread I couldn/t find now.

Thanks for the quick reply!  How long ago was your enquiry (couldn't have been very long ago :)?  I assume you didn't get an ETA?

-CR

It is caused by the 64 bit. I think that LWJGL has no support cause of 64 bit. This is the post http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=6488.msg56735#msg56735

Thanks.  I didn't find the other thread because I stupidly searched for Java6 instead of "Java 6"  :oops:

Let's hope it is soon!

-CR

I could try building 64bit binaries tonight from source.  I'll let you know how it goes, but there might be a delay due to St. Patty's day festivities 

Do you mean building LWJGL natives?

Yes, LWJGL natives.  I just finished porting our main simulation package to OS X.  We're running java 1.5.0 now, but we're stepping up to 1.6.0, so getting LWJGL & JME stuff in 64bit will be needed for us too.

Great. I will wait for updates.

Making some progress on this.  I retargeted the binaries to use the 10.5 framework and are intel only, hope thats ok.  Should have something tomorrow.

-Jared

Seems my definition of tomorrow is vague.  I'll pickup where I left off tonight.

This would be incredibly useful to prevent all LWJGL projects stop working when Java 6 for OS X is (finally) released by Apple.

As promised:

http://www.gravityresearch.us/lwjgl-osx-x86_64-1.1.4.zip

10.5 Intel x86_64 only.

I only tested it with the TestTerrain jmtest, but it worked fine.  Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

-Jared

Anyone try this or have any issues?

I downloaded but didn't test it yet. Promisse I'll do it over weekend and post some results.