jME Physics 2.1.0 release candidate

As Renanse and Mr. Coder are pushing for that 1.0 release I felt it’s time for a jME Physics 2 release candidate, as well :smiley:

A first candidate can be downloaded from the files page.

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to polish that release very well, but I think it should exist a jME Physics release for jME 1.0…

Any constructive issue reports, patches and hints are welcome :slight_smile:

I might have found a bug

This works

Maybe we should coordinate releases between things like LWJGL, jME, jME-Physics, JGN, and jME-Networking like Eclipse.

We could call it "Americana". 

Sorry, but in the spirit of being multi-cultural, could you explain the Americana thingy  :?

He might refer to "Europa" (Eclipse Release)

That "bug", duenez, is in fact a missing feature - I'll have a look at it.

If the rc is the same as cvs then it works fine on linux.

The ragdolls test really catched my eye but exited without a message after about 10 dolls dropped ? (had no time to try twice)

excellent work as ever irrisor  :slight_smile:

winkman said:

If the rc is the same as cvs then it works fine on linux.

that's nice (it's not the same any more btw)

winkman said:

The ragdolls test really catched my eye but exited without a message after about 10 dolls dropped ? (had no time to try twice)

Credit for this test goes to mud2005. The crash with 10 ragdolls is caused by too many contacts in a single time step. It can be avoided by increasing the stack size with e.g. -Xmss1M as a vm parameter.
darkfrog said:

Maybe we should coordinate releases between things like LWJGL, jME, jME-Physics, JGN, and jME-Networking like Eclipse.

We could call it "Americana". 

I don't think Americana is a moon of jupiter ;)
Anyways, why bother with moons, lets take planets! So this first simultaneous release of those projects could be called Mercury, as it is the planet nearest to the sun. And MW3D would be another candidate for that simultaneous release too.
I love this idea! So the projects would be:

- LWJGL (do we have any influence on their release schedule?)
- jME
- jME-Physics
- JGN
- jME-Networking
- MW3D

Let's set up a working group for this. For MW3D i can say, that we are close to a minor release, and we would of course use the RC of jME-Physics too.

What have a wrought?  :-o