jME SDK

Just downloaded a copy of the alpha SDK.

I tried running it, the GUI loads up fine, then I tried to start a new project and it hung at the creation of the sceneviewer, throwing me a "Pixel format not accelerated", then the application froze before I could get a stacktrace.

Is this because I'm running on a crappy intel onboard graphics card with 64MB of memory, or is something else going on?

I'll be happy to hear the answer.

Greetings,

optix

Is this because I'm running on a crappy intel onboard graphics card with 64MB of memory

Yes. Can't use jME3 with my linux netbook as well. Sad but true. You can try to use the jogl-renderer as this is opengl1.1-compatible!

No, that's not exactly the issue. It says Pixel format is not accelerated, that means there's no hardware support; jME2/JOGL-renderer will crash as well.

You need to download the latest drivers for your graphics card here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng

Installed the latest driver only to find out that GLSL and OpenGL2 still aren't supported by it, so that brings me to the UnsupportedOperationException, how can I change the renderer from lwjgl to jogl?