jME Tech Demo

Hi,

I'm currently preparing a showcase section for LWJGL and looking for some impressive tech demo i could use, just wondering if anyone has or knows of something i could use.

I've checkout jME2 from svn and the most impressive looking demo i could find was TestIsland, while its nice, its a bit basic. Searching around I also found the Q3 Level benchmark which is nice too.

I just need some demo that looks nice, not a complete game just a tech demo, just something a person could look at and say oh thats nice, java can be used for modern games.

Preferably not too big and something i could host and say look thats the power of jME and LWJGL.

thanks.

The pong jmetest and the water demo's are also nice.  There's also youtube videos of both Grappling Hook and Mad Skills Motocross about, as well as promotional renders for Poisonville.  All three are very impressive :slight_smile:

sbook said:

The pong jmetest and the water demo's are also nice.  There's also youtube videos of both Grappling Hook and Mad Skills Motocross about, as well as promotional renders for Poisonville.  All three are very impressive :)

thanks, the pong test is very nice, not sure how I missed that one.

Also there are some nice looking games using jME, but I'd rather not use a game since the focus then shifts on the game rather then just the engine as with a tech demo.
faust said:

Also there are some nice looking games using jME, but I'd rather not use a game since the focus then shifts on the game rather then just the engine as with a tech demo.

Then I guess the only other choice for you is to implement some sweet new feature!!!!!  The pong test is nice though, especially as it's one of the only tests to incorporate audio.

And you even have a whole presentation talking about how easy that pong app was to make! :wink:

http://developers.sun.com/learning/javaoneonline/j1sessn.jsp?sessn=TS-5711&yr=2008&track=desktop

(since me and renanse made it for javaone)

Cool, didn't know that presentation.  Really interesting (and now added to the (new)wiki :smiley: )