jME Video Tutorials Coming soon!

I have the code written out for 10 math tutorials which I will begin making videos on right now!

I have just made the introduction, so if anyone has any immediate feedback, such as sound/video issues and quality, can you let me know asap, before i end up waiting my time. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31elA_5xOjE

4 Likes

Nice intro ^^ā€¦ Looking forward to the videoes :slight_smile:

Kvality seems pretty decent, but tough to say before you accually go into screen capture.

Sound: In the middle the sound is quite weak, but other than that, it seems fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha nice xD

1 Like

Very niceā€¦ i hopped for something like that. I love Video tutorials because u get an fast depth look to the engine.

For everybody who already are programmers, are videotutorial quite nice to understanding the structure of the engine and he idea of structure for a own project for the engineā€¦

By the way: Video and Soundquallity isnā€™t the best i head but i think it is more than enough :slight_smile:

I will enjoy your tutorials :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. The tone is entertaining but might put off more serious developersā€¦

1 Like

:slight_smile: nice!

I would be great if you can follow style like Andrew Price, Blenderguru.com and/or Salman Khan, Khan Academy. Clear and to the point.

1 Like

Iā€™m putting sticks in your cogs. Sorry. :expressionless:

Iā€™m not a purist, but ā€œbitchā€ is a bit overboard for my taste. I prefer the natural way of speaking without cussing and bad language. This is supposed to be teaching to use jME3/SDK, not a comedy sketch. Donā€™t forget that the audience might be young (mid to late teens and older). I donā€™t think we want parental feedback crapping on our heads here. :wink:

I personally do swear and cuss a lot in real life though, but for something like this, I think itā€™s a little too much.

2 Likes

ok thanks, good to hear sound/video quality isnā€™t terrible :slight_smile: notes taken onboard, but I really canā€™t help what I do/say its who I am, sorry. If people dont like it, they can go read the wiki :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill try keep swearing to a minimum for u @madjack :wink: but iā€™m not promising anything. Gonna start making them now, hopefully they will be done in a few hours, and will help someone

Try to keep it professional. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@wezrule It would be nice if you put forth a road map on the topics you are going to cover. Nothing fancy, just the 10-12 bullet points about topic of the videos. Little organization at the beginning saves a lot pain in future.

1 Like
@iamcreasy said:
@wezrule It would be nice if you put forth a road map on the topics you are going to cover. Nothing fancy, just the 10-12 bullet points about topic of the videos. Little organization at the beginning saves a lot pain in future.

Great idea! After you're done recording it would also be of great help if you could put that somewhere and put the time where each subject is talked about so if someone wants to know about a specific subject they can skip the 30 mins span before that. ;)
1 Like

I agree with a few others that the ā€œWhat you looking at, bitch?ā€ is kind of overboardā€¦ But then again, I never saw that coming and had a good laugh.

I would just keep the voice clear and consistent is the main thing. Since they canā€™t see you your only tool for emphasis is the inflections and small variations your voice makesā€¦ Having ā€˜not quite normalā€™ throughout will train the listener to ignore you, which is the opposite of the goal.

Those bits aside, its great that youā€™re doing thisā€¦ I just hope youā€™ve gone through Math for Dummies :wink:

1 Like

Yeeh, I agree with @sbook and @madjack. The last line in particular was what I was referring to when I said ā€œmay put off more serious developersā€. It did make me laugh though :slight_smile:

You can make it fun without being crude and I really would recommend you do that if you want it to reach the widest possible audience.

1 Like

Cool!

1 Like
@zarch said:
You can make it fun without being crude

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Do you even know wezrule? XD

Anyways, looking forward to it! I personally wouldn't mind a bit of "humor," but I'm not one of these "serious developers" we're so concerned about...
1 Like