jME-Week#1 -ENDED- (5th to 11th of july)

Voting is finished and the the most suitable date was the period from Sunday 5th of july to Saturday 11th.

Next step to take:

Theme-Proposals: http://www.tomtro.org/wp/?p=93

Server Down

My f*#$ing dedicated server seems to be crashed…nice! I hate my provider…every year the same! So for gathering the themes plz use this thread

It is working for now…

Seems to be a hardwareproblem…I hate it

Explosive, HOT!, worlds apart, longshot, dogmatic, nostalgic…

Since my JME skills are modest Im looking for some teammates for this Contests. 

anyone interested message me.

I know blender really well so at least I can provide some nice art.

ok so i repeat my proposal here, to start the genre-gathering:

i suggest puzzles and simulations.

puzzle,  shoot them up 

All themes that were given until the server began to die are to be seen on the first posting of the thread. We got new hardware and have to upload the backup (which will need some days). The server will be up again next week…so stay tuned. I’m really looking forward to the compo.

BTW: For those who can’t wait. Tomorrow there will start a 48h Mini-LD compo (that one is in opposite to the real LDs without judging! But much fun!) Have a look here: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2009/06/07/mini-ld-coming-up/

Server is up again! New hardware (that should work for the next year). And so the voting for themes

can start now:

http://www.tomtro.org/wp/?p=83

(You have to be registered be registered on the website and logged in)

I think it'd be better if you did the voting through the jME forum. Can't say I really approve of enforcing registering on third-party sites in relation with a contest running strictly in jME context. Can't you start the poll here instead?

Well,… I see what you mean.

Actually I wanted to do it like the pyweek or ludumdare.  That is really great.

Even after quite a lot of compos you can see what is done in each compo, sorted by different tags like users or genres. That would all be lost in a forum…

For that everyone will get at jME-Week also a blog and free ftp-space to upload his/her entry.

Actually when the system works like it should in order to organize more jME-compos I can give it to the jMonkeyEngine-Website (where ,there I agree, it blongs to)…

But until then it will be done the way it is planned. Come on,…register…it doesn’t hurt…I promise :smiley:

bye, ToM

last chance to register and vote for a theme  :slight_smile:

6h until the first jME-Week will be started…

You can register all the time until the deadline but if you want to vote for a theme you have to hury.

During the competition let's meet in the official jME-IRC: #jme @ freenode

Everyone registered to the website ( http://www.tomtro.org ) is set to author and can now start with his/her developer-blog (if he/she wants).

I will now start preparations to have a good start.

So the contest is coming to an end. Has it already been determined how the judging will take place? I would be happy to assisst in judging of all straight forward front-end elements, mainly gameplay (and degree of theme etc.).

It just ended now, but I think there is not much to judge! I think alltogther we were 3 people taking part (as it seems). Mazander, core_dump and me. I just released my game. It is nothing special and gameplay is a mess :smiley: (Everything differnt would have been a miracle).

Nevertheless all people that release are allowed to judge the games. I hope core_dump and mazander will release their games (even they might not be quite ready). let’s have a look here.

Well,…too bad there wasn’t so much people participating but every start is hard. Let’s see if there will be a 2nd jME-Week.

I'm sure another one can be arranged in not too long. For now though, I hope I won't be getting in your way by getting the site migration started. Then we'll see about the possibilities of a 2nd contest :slight_smile:

Maybe we even have to think about if the model of a one-week-contest is the right one for jME. Maybe the community is still too small to find enough people that has fun for something like this. To be honest I wonder about that a bit.

Here is what i could come up with:

marble_fun.zip

Its not really finished, i didn’t have much time this week and wasnt very motivated either :/  but oh well, at least i tried :slight_smile:

Hehe,…so we can start the voting now :D. My game is not well ballanced. I now realized that on some computers it is even impossible to succeed level 2! :smiley: Thx for participating…

Just started your game. Nice one…you got a much better handling of your sphere. That I still have to take look at…I just burned too much time for sensless stuff like online-score or realising it as webstart (and much more time as applet but stuck because of the 2nd native-lib…) Nevertheless again learned much but now I need a jME break for some days :smiley:

I wanted to participate, too - but one week is to less to get sth interesting.

I am working at least 10h a day, meet friends etc. Also there were too many things i stumbled upon, e.g.

not working physics, a shadowteaker that manipulats my shadows, StandardGame vs BasicGame differences…

Perhaps the next "jme week" could be more than a week?

Tried trochas game:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Native code library (32 and 64 bit library) failed to load: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:UserssnareojAppDataLocalLowSunJavaDeploymentcache6.0383de7fce6-5c7659d1-nodejava.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:YYYAppDataLocalLowSunJavaDeploymentcache6.0383de7fce6-5c7659d1-nodejava.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
   at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

But i installed the 32 bit VM...

And as coredump states in his menu: Isnt fun right now ;P

But at least you made something, i vote for all participants as winners :)

Regards,

snare

Yes a week is soon over (as you probably wont work on it every day, you are left with 2-4 evenings +a few hours on saturday/sunday), a next jme-week should maybe be 2-3 weeks or a month and it should have a clear theme or target to achieve.

Maybe a already working simple game framework should be given as a base to build upon.

That way people don't loose time with creating the usual 'start game - show menu - exit game' stuf which already sucks up many hours.