JME2 - 0greXML, Model Color doesnt show

this is my very first try using ogre xml, and i have successfully loaded my model and its animation.

Problem is the color does not show, but turning the model in wireframe mode shows the color of the model. Moving the camera too close to the model shows the inside of the model and it has color.

the model is made in blender, i just applied a color to it and adjust some specularity etc.

can you tell me what Im missing here.

**Here are the screenshots: 

1. In this first pic, the left eye is noticeably different, I think it has the specularity/reflection amount settings i set in blender.

2. the wireframe mode, maybe the colored wireframes are from the inside of the model

3. its colored inside the model…

Thank you very much for reading, please help me.  :smiley:

blender?

sounds like the normals are missing, or inverted, don't ask me how to fix this in blender as I don't use it.

hey your right i got it working. I flip the normals. But i dont know why it is inverted at first.

thanks for the idea. I really dont know what are normals, now i know, thanks to you Empire Phoenix

Hello blur,

I work with blender a lot.

You can even show the normals in the blender 3d View:

1st - open your blender file and select your object

2nd - enter Edit Mode in the 3d view.

3rd - have a seperate Buttons Window - click Editing (F9), select Mesh Tools More, activate Draw Normals.

You can also configure the size of the normals shown in the last mentioned step…

If you need help with blender and ogre import - I have done this a lot recently and can help …

Ogli said:

Hello blur,

I work with blender a lot.
You can even show the normals in the blender 3d View:

1st - open your blender file and select your object
2nd - enter Edit Mode in the 3d view.
3rd - have a seperate Buttons Window - click Editing (F9), select Mesh Tools More, activate Draw Normals.

You can also configure the size of the normals shown in the last mentioned step...

If you need help with blender and ogre import - I have done this a lot recently and can help ...

wow thanks!  :D