jME3 Book: Could we possibly get an ETA please?

Oh wow I hadn’t seen that they published the ETA. “Good to know” :wink:

Amazon says November 12th

Great news! Anyone knows if you get it earlier by ordering on Packt instead of Amazon? Packt charges me shipping, although they say under the book that it is “free shipping to Europe” (I’m in Germany), and so it comes out to about the same price as Amazon.

Also, I find it strange that a book about a game engine has no picture on the cover, but possibly they are still working on it?

1 Like
@monster said:
Also, I find it strange that a book about a game engine has no picture on the cover, but possibly they are still working on it?

Yeeh, that does seem a bit odd. Maybe the publishers are still working on it.

Some of the shots from this thread: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/user-code-projects/forum/topic/terrain-side-project/ for example are nice and atmospheric but abstract enough to be useable (assuming thetoucher doesn't mind).
@monster said:

well october is still a few months away and im guessing cover art is probably one of those final touches part of thing, so it will probably be done last.