jME3 crashing at startup

Hello there,

after variaus attemps to fix it i give up and hope you guys can help me out. The problem: jme installation works fine, no errors. But it always crashes at startup.

Some Details:

Product Version = jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0beta

Operating System = Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86

Java; VM; Vendor = 1.6.0_31; Java HotSpot™ Server VM 20.6-b01; Sun Microsystems Inc.

Runtime = Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_31-b05

Java Home = D:ProgrammeJavajdk1.6.0_31jre

unknown option -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

Keeps crashing without error message, if I remove that parameters in the conf-file or add the prefix -J. Netbeans 7.1 is installed and works fine so I think jme could be so nice and run too.

Thanks for help Nepomuk

It runs on the JRE for some reason, install the JDK and edit etc/jmonkeyplatform.conf to point at it

Thanks for your fast answer. Unfortunately no success with manual setting the jdk-dir, installing jdks and setting environment variables. I tried a clean new installation of jdk + jme but no progress from it.

Forced with jre in the first step, JME starts with a bunch of disabled plugins. After that, with jdk and plugins disabled too, here jdk is detected right as java-platform, but jme further crashes when activating one of them.

Any further suggestions?

You probably pretty much messed up your install when you set it to run with JRE, did you delete the settings folder when reinstalling? If the JDK is properly installed it should be recognized and used on install.

just run with jdk “disabled”… yes settings removed. Because Netbeans works fine I suppose JDK works and is not the problem itself… maybe i have to try it with jme2