JME3 dropping system to single-monitor configuration when exiting project

Hi, I’ve got a project that I created by extending SimpleApplication. When I start it (on a dual-monitor machine running Ubuntu 14.04, AMD Radeon card, open-source radeon driver provided by distro), I get a normal windowed start, and normal operation. However, when I exit it by killing the JVM, pressing [esc], ending the renderer thread, or gracefully shutting down the application, my Xorg configuration is immediately dropped to a single monitor. I have to re-enable the monitor in the system settings in order to use it again, and place it again into its layout.

Can someone please offer some tips on how to troubleshoot this? It’s making the project unreleasable (as we consider this a critical issue for us) and severely crippling my development (since window layout is not preserved and everything ends up a mess on the smaller of two monitors).

Thanks!

This kinda sounds like a configuration specific problem or a driver bug.

Since jme only interfaces with opengl, it should not even have the ability to change anything related to display settings.
Do you run in fullscreen, maybee this triggers the bug? Does it also happen if run winowed? If not an workaround might be to use a undecorated window or a (fullscreen)jframe with jme embedded.

“Do you run in fullscreen, maybee this triggers the bug? Does it also happen if run winowed? If not an workaround might be to use a undecorated window or a (fullscreen)jframe with jme embedded.”

I only run in windowed mode.

Does it work in fullscreen then (maybe some window manager problem)?

What happens if you disable the compositor?

Do other Java OpenGL games work?
this one http://www.wurmonline.com would be a good test, as it does not use JME.
or do they behave the same?

Do other 3d Games work on your machine?
Is it reproducable with another machine? Or a freshly installed one?

I have the issue in both fullscreen and windowed. This is a clean setup of Unity. Can you please indicate how to disable the compositor?

I do not have an issue with C++ games (test one using Irrlicht). I have yet to try Wurmonline (it is taking a while to download its other files needed to start gameplay).

That would be this, (just as a sidenode, i use compositing under xfce and jme makes no problems, so it (at least) should not be caused by that) You might also try in the irc if you find others using ubuntu, to see if they have similar problems.

Why would compositing be an issue? Other applications have no problem, and I’d like to be able to distribute this application to other users that might be in a similar use-case without making them disable compositing (and indirectly introducing a dependency on unity-2d if they are using unity-3d at that point).