jme3 keyboardinput for nifty gui

hello,

i'm sorry if there has been posted a thread on this topic so far, but i could not find any … so…

I'm trying to get NiftyGUI working together with jme3 for one of my test-projects. I would like to enable Keyboard-Input for one of the text fields provided by niftygui. How do I do so?

The MouseInput works fine and whenever i hover or click buttons nifty seems to get all the required events. But this does not work with the KeyBoardInput.

Moreover I have a question. Is the MouseInput being provided by JME and is passed on via die InputManager to Nifty or does Nifty have an own kinda InputListener??

thanks in advance,

fellkneul

Keyboard support will be available when we upgrade to Nifty 1.2 snapshot which will be very soon.

Okay Nifty 1.2 is in and so is keyboard support.

okay… i'm sorry, i didn't know.

Fellkneul said:

okay... i'm sorry, i didn't know.
Don't be sorry, be happy, it's all better now! ;D

Yeah thanks for requesting it :slight_smile: Gave me a reason to do this quicker.

Is there anyway I could disable to keyboard in nifty and have it only functional in jme? the problem I’m having is that I have keyboard controls that control the camera and they’re also changing the gui (like tab and arrows) and I don’t want them to affect the Nifty GUI as I handle my buttons thru mouse clicks. So anyway I can have nifty ignore the keyboard keys?

thanks and sorry to revisit this post

@homsi said:
Is there anyway I could disable to keyboard in nifty and have it only functional in jme? the problem I'm having is that I have keyboard controls that control the camera and they're also changing the gui (like tab and arrows) and I don't want them to affect the Nifty GUI as I handle my buttons thru mouse clicks. So anyway I can have nifty ignore the keyboard keys?

thanks and sorry to revisit this post

This is something you should control / change on the nifty gui side. An ad-hoc kill switch for keyboard input doesn't really make sense in this case.