JME3 on Playstation 4 / Xbox One?

I’m quite excited by steamOs… will be a nice way of thanking the xbox/playstations/etc for snobbing us for soo long and still going on.
I hope Valve will manage to pull it off… I always wanted my lil game to be able to work on consoles, mostly because it allows multiplayer without needing an authoritative server (which I’m nowhere on).

If it turns out it’s popular, I’ll embrace it and try to develop on it, but I’m unsure that people will fork out another 560-1570$ for yet another “console” unless all games already are available for the SteamOS upon the launch date.

SteamOS is Valve’s reaction to Microsoft, Sony, and Apple building walled app gardens. There is a strong trend right now of hardware and OS manufactures removing the ability to run non-approved software.

Everyone on this forum should be keenly interested in this. Independent game developers depend on being able to distribute their games freely.

Valve, of course, has it’s own agenda, but the goal of making Linux a great gaming platform is good for all of us.

@aaronperkins said: There is a strong trend right now of hardware and OS manufactures removing the ability to run non-approved software.

Well, that’s their way of filtering bad software I guess.

@aaronperkins said: but the goal of making Linux a great gaming platform is good for all of us.

100% agreed. That’s why people nowadays can game on Macs among other linux distributions.

@.Ben. said: Well, that's their way of filtering bad software I guess.

Heheh… I’m sure our best interests are their primary motivations… :wink: I’m sure it has nothing to do with controlling the methods of production and taking a cut of everything. Heheh.

@pspeed said: Heheh... I'm sure our best interests are their primary motivations... ;) I'm sure it has nothing to do with controlling the methods of production and taking a cut of everything. Heheh.