jME3 screenshots

Since the main thread is cluttered enough already, I think here is a better place for these  :)

Bump/Specular mapping on a model

Per-pixel lighting

Bump mapping on sphere

Normal shader

HDR Loading & software tone mapping

Looking good… great work  :smiley:

Looks nice so far

I'm not sure, if Per-pixel lighting is something new inside jME, but HDR would definitely be cool.

Hope you have success!!!

Looks great Momoko! All these shaders come with, right?

I'm not sure, if Per-pixel lighting is something new inside jME, but HDR would definitely be cool.
Hope you have success!!!

jME has a test demonstrating per-pixel lighting, but it is not included as core. Besides this, it is not really flexible enough to be used in an actual game/application. HDR would be possible once I implement FBO.
Success will be achieved!  :D

nymon said:

Looks great Momoko! All these shaders come with, right?

The data files are included with the source. Just run the tests and it should work.

The latest commit brings many changes, feature additions, and bug fixes.

If you had the InputMismatchException problem before, this release should fix it  :slight_smile:

Here are some screenshots:

JOGL renderer running on Linux Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit

Same test running on Windows

Full HDR support with advanced tone mapping operator, with automatic exposure adjustment based on average luminance. The scene shows a light probe reflected and refracted correctly on the teapot.

Shadow mapping with dither PCF filter. Parallel-split shadow maps (PSSM) will be added when better terrain handling is implemented.

Render To Texture test

Java GUI front-end to NVIDIA Texture Tools 2: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/texture_tools.html

NV Texture tools uses your GPU with CUDA to compress images, achieving very fast compression speeds.

The GUI is available online: NVCompressGUI. Note that you will need to download texture tools first, see the nvidia link.

looks nice

Fantastic!

I like Shadow Mapping with PCF filtering most.  XD

Momoko_Fan said:

JOGL renderer running on Linux Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit

It is becoming really interesting  :D
gouessej said:

Yeah. I wanna use JOGLRenderer too.
LWJGL doesn't work well for multi-byte languages like Korean.
mulova said:

gouessej said:

Yeah. I wanna use JOGLRenderer too.
LWJGL doesn't work well for multi-byte languages like Korean.

Are you serious?
gouessej said:

Are you serious?

Yeah. I'm serious.  :D
AFAIK, LWJGL InputSystem doesn't support Korean language.
Korean language needs special treatment 'cause the characters are combined from base characters.

I moved this topic from showcase to jME3 dev forum. It’s quite important to jME3 so it should be in the right place.

Also, here’s some screenshots that were posted elsewhere in the forum but not in this thread:

Ogre3D dotScene loading. The original scene was created for blender by OTO the cleaner and is available for download here: OTO the cleaner

AngelCode font rendering

Particle system

Raytracing with bounding interleaved heirarchy (BIH)- the collision algorithm used in jME3.

Spoipse75 said:

Wtf its been like a week since we got a new one.  All you assholes need to get back to grinding so I can view your screenshots and orgasm.

Encouragement is encouraged [heh], but please do so in a polite and professional manner.

It was hard to tell whether this dude was a spammer/adbot or just having issues. Since his other post was completely off topic I assumed the former and deleted his account…

Nice!

Do you happen to have any fps numbers for when the level is partitioned?

looks really cool…

momoko_fan: you are absolutly crazy  }:-@  unbelivable piece of work! very good job!

Thanks! I have not finished the partitioning system yet so I cannot test how fast it runs. Btw, the quake level was actually exported from BSP into OBJ by irrEdit and then exported into a Ogre3D mesh, so it's not really Q3 level loading. I wanted to test the partitioning system and needed a triangle soup and a quake3 level was perfect for that purpose, that's why I bother to get it in jME3 so badly :slight_smile:

that is really awesome stuff.

good work! im so excited for JME3