Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

I understand this, I will check this case and if I find some problems, I will try to fix it and make a PR.

I have started to work on painting tools grasses/trees on terrain :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Jipeee

which libraries do you use to make grass and trees?

Just posted an issue on Bitbucket, I seem to be getting an error regarding the loading of j30/j3s that have soft particle emitters.

ver. 0.9.7
-Fixed some bugs.

Guys, I have prepared an infrastructure to implement object painting, but I donā€™t know which libraries do you use to make grass/trees :frowning:

I donā€™t know that itā€™s possible using a single implementation. There are several that all take a different approach.

My personal approach would be to take a look at how paul added grass. His implementation takes a mesh and decides based on the angle whether or not to place any grass, but you can add your own too. I added a noise function to it to create areas where there was none or very little grass. It made for nice ā€œpathsā€ to walk through. You could use something similar to ā€œpaintā€ the grass - maybe using an array of some sort.

The whole class I linked to is important, but the line I linked to is where the decision is made as to whether or not to place a grass blade there.

I can add integration with IsoSurfaceDemo, you will can work with objects from these libraries, what do you think about this?

Wow that was quick. There was a plugin called the forester a while back:

A while ago I made a library based on @pspeed IsoSurface library that you can find here.

https://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/t/how-to-grass-reborn-the-forest/

I donā€™t know if itā€™s going to be of any help and it only support Grass. But you might be able to find some ideas. You can PM me if you want some explanation.

1 Like

I have prepared toneg0d.emitter to use with Gradle/Maven:

1 Like

I have prepared also my fork of the library to use JavaFX in the jME to use with Gradle/Maven:

This library works with LWJGL3 and jME 3.2

2 Likes

Will it work with java 9? If yes, how did you manage to bypass the deprecated methods from java 8 for context creation?

Which context?

The library to get more effective integration your controls/filters/etc with my editor.

Quick question, are there any examples on how to use the jme spaceshift extension?

Iā€™m going to add documentation about this.
https://bitbucket.org/JavaSabr/jme3-spaceshift-editor/wiki/J3S%20format%20in%20your%20game

@Empire_Phoenix used classes from sun to create a javafx stage and manged to display it inside a jME3 application. I thought you did the same without the classes from sun but after looking at your code I noticed that you provide a library for including jME3 in javafx. It is the other way and certainly great for building tools. Thank you!

also to add on to that are there examples of how to use your JME JFX lib?