Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

I’ve been playing around with the editor and I’m pretty impressed. Keep up the good work!

Is there a way when you are working with particles in your editor to emit all the particles at once like if you were working on an explosion? Also, it kind of looks like you’ve been laying the groundwork for it, but are you going to introduce a curve editor for particles in your editor?

1 Like

You can configure your emitters and then you can click “reset particles” on the parent node.

hm, what do you mean?

If you look at the unity or unreal editor they give you a bunch of control over the particles lifetime. Specifically they have a basic curve editor attached to all of the particle influencers so you have very fine grained control over what happens as the particle ages. For example, you could have a particle speed up when it is initially born and then half way through its lifetime drastically slow it down and then at the very end speed up again. Having it directly editable as a curve gives you a much finer degree of control artistically.

1 Like

I didn’t work with particles in other editors, can you provide me some links to some videos about this?

The question is whether jme Particles or tonegod Particles already Support that or not

He means like the curves in Video editing tools to fade in or out Videos and Music.

Or like you have with keyframes. Basically just some catmull Rom splines to control parameters of the emitters over time

I know JME particles don’t, but it looked like someone added something to the tongod particles for the editor that might. I know internally for spoxel I have an early version of tongod that I added basic animation curve support to along with a specialized particle type that handles “beams”. I’ve been creating all my particle emitters from scratch in the code as a result.

I had a nice screenshot for you, but I apparently can’t upload images to this site anymore. I did find a quick documentation link from unity though javasabr

https://docs.unity3d.com/400/Documentation/Manual/ParticleSystemCurveEditor.html

1 Like

you mean to use curves instead of interpolation in tonegod particles, right?

Basically yes. At the very least if there was a time value attached to your interpolation it would give you better artistic control.

you can create a feature request on bitbucket about this… but at this moment I have a focus on shader nodes editor.

I figured as much :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

And preview build:
https://yadi.sk/d/QXVUsG0j3MyVyh

2 Likes

I think I will make the last release with current project name tomorrow :slight_smile:
Also, I have started to work on extending the shader nodes system in the core.

ver. 1.2.0
-Fixed the far view plane distance of the editor camera.
-Updated tonegod.emitter library.
-Added the new plugin Shader Node Tools.
-Updated jME libraries.
-Updated Tree Generator plugin.
-Fixed some bugs.

2 Likes

Multiracial, oh wait, multiname logotype for any future non-ss-editor name

Probably will work with it little bit more

17 Likes

Nice. I might use that to make a “powered by jme” appstate. Will be a bit of fun on the side :slight_smile:

Dont suppose you have something hi-res?

1 Like

This is the coolest jME related logo I have seen. Kudos for the work.

2 Likes

I just downloaded the new 1.2.0 version and it still crashes on Ubuntu 17.04 with OpenJDK after clicking on File > Open Asset Folder menu. I downloaded the source code from Github, but I can’t find how to build the project with gradle using the command line interface. I mean, after a ./gradlew install there is no jar file created with a manifest file pointing to the main class. What should I do? What am I missing?

I was hoping to replace the JavaFX FileChooser class on the code with the Swing version, so maybe it could work for me.

Hi, you need to disable using native file choosers in editor settings:

2 Likes

Thank you, @javasabr. Now it works like a charm!

1 Like