JME3 texture path question

I'm trying to load an image that is in the root directory of my project (netbeans project) using JME3.  The problem is that I can't for the life of me get the assetLoader to find it.

After racking my brain for a while I renamed a few key .jar files to .zip and opened them up looking for the path for texture images from the Jme3 test codes.  It seems that no matter what you do, the asset manager only looks for stuff in the file Jme3/lib/jme3testdata.jar.

All of the tests here do the same, they find their files in the same jar mentioned above.

http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/branches/jme3/src/test/jme3test/asset/?r=5192

I just want to be able to load an image from anywhere I want again. How can I do this?

The FileLocator can be used to setup a lookup path inside a specific directory. You can set it to "/" to look up assets in the current directory (e.g project directory).

Thank you very much. I didn't notice that in the "hello assets" wiki page as it is just a tiny footnote in the article. This did the trick.

On a side note, I have to say that I've posted 3 questions so far in these forums and the responses have been fast and helpful. The community here is very patient. I realize some of my questions are noob mistakes, but I really appreciate the patience and understanding this group has. You have cultivated a very good forum here.  Thank you!!!