Jme3Test not working

JmeTest is not working in Alpha 4 download brought in 4-27-11 at 2 in the morning MST.

After creating JmeTest it shows a number of missing symbols such as “com.jme3.cinematic.MotionTrack;” missing in “TestCameraMotionPath.java” in jme3test.animation package.

This looks like a promising platform but it wasn’t doing it for me on the first go around.

I have been with Jme since version 2 creating a few simple demos but nothing terribly complete. I look forward to the development of Jme3.

Please render assistance if at all possible!

Thanks!

I just downloaded the latest nightly build and all the tests are running as they should. However not all the assets are included in the test-data package. For example the quake 3 level

Got it. Thanks.

Hi - I agree, the samples are not building on the MAC. Here is what the errors look like:

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/bullet/TestAttachDriver.java:42: cannot find symbolsymbol : class PhysicsSliderJoint

import com.jme3.bullet.joints.PhysicsSliderJoint;

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/bullet/TestAttachDriver.java:68: cannot find symbol

symbol : class PhysicsSliderJoint

private PhysicsSliderJoint slider;

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/bullet/TestAttachDriver.java:207: cannot find symbol

symbol : class PhysicsSliderJoint

slider=new PhysicsSliderJoint(driver, vehicle, Vector3f.UNIT_Y.negate(), Vector3f.UNIT_Y, true);

Note: /jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/bullet/TestAttachDriver.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

3 errors

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:619: The following error occurred while executing this line:

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:281: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Regards,

Jim

One more thing, on the MAC computer I am now getting this error:

jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/nbproject/assets-impl.xml:5: /jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build is not a file.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

This started happening after I added the jar files from the nightly build into the project’s class path.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jim

jpjannes said:
This started happening after I added the jar files from the nightly build into the project's class path.

Why do you do that? When you update to the latest nightly via the update center you use the latest nightly in your projects without changes to the project. Just leave the basic library configuration of the BasicGame template.
1 Like

Thanks Normen - I will remove the files from the class path but, when I do that I get a bunch of compile errors as listed in my pervious post.

Regards,

Jim

normen said:
[...] latest nightly via the update center [...].
1 Like

Thanks again. I will keep getting the updates until the samples compile.

Regards,

Jim