JMEDesktop bug in linux

I have noticed when I run my app with JMEDesktop in ubuntu linux with gnome I get a silver bar at the bottom of the window like its try to add a taskbar or something. when I switch to fluxbox it goes away or if I remove the JMEDesktop it goes away. Its not a big deal for me right now as Im going to remove the JMEDesktop in my app anyway but I thought I would mention it. :slight_smile:

Seems to be part of the Look&Fell on that platform - use a custom L&F to avoid it.

Just curious: Is it really a 'takbar' - does it get icons when you add internal frames?

Btw. nice screenshot :slight_smile:

well I added an internal frame and it was transparent until I set the l&f then it was fine, no icons on bar though. If I change the theme in gnome it affects the bar also;with "woody" theme the bar is brown(same as taskbar). for some reason the bar doesnt show in TestJMEDesktop, so ill poke around and see what im doing wrong here.

mud2005 said:

well I added an internal frame and it was transparent until I set the l&f then it was fine, no icons on bar though. If I change the theme in gnome it affects the bar also;with "woody" theme the bar is brown(same as taskbar). for some reason the bar doesnt show in TestJMEDesktop, so ill poke around and see what im doing wrong here.

TestJMEDesktop uses the default look and feel.

I wonder if that bar is a place to store minimized windows.