JMEDesktop: Swing within jME scene

Ok, with your switchback, I have new behavior on Mac.  the movement keys work upon start, but as soon as I click on a buttons, etc in the GUI, I can not do anything to regain movement control.  Hope that helps…

anyone tried jmedesktop on a geforce 6800 go? or with java 1.5.0_05?

it still hangs as soon as i click on anything, and leaves garbage on screen when dragging stuff in certain areas…it hangs on GL11.glTexImage2D when updating the dirty rectangles in lwjglimagegraphics i think…

the funny thing is, it works if i keep the frames and button in the top-right corner of the screen??? same behaviour with testjmedesktop and with homemade tests…

OMG  :evil:

Just ran the TestJMEDesktop to see if its suitable for what i am doing

It looks fantastic - well done !!

I am using jdk 1.5_05

Radeon 9800se(omega 2.6.12 )

It works fine for me

works great at work for me too, with a radeon 9800 pro…lots of bad stuff that i've come across with geforce cards…that's why I wanted to know about people using those

I'm running an nVidia 6600 GT AGP and I am not have any problems (at least that aren't already documented). :slight_smile:

If there's something specific I can test for you shoot me some code.

darkfrog

My geForce 6600 machine (running 1.5.0 release candidate!) seems to have no artifacts when running the test.  I did find a small bug though.  If I click a rotate button (eg. the left most bottom < button) and then immediately click full screen, the continuing rotation that is applied screws up the ortho mode of the desktop.  :slight_smile:

What the people where I work would say is, "That's not expected behaviour so it's the users fault it's broken"  :-p

darkfrog

Im using AWTCanvas and have swing panels around the JMEImplementation

When mouse is over a button not within the JMEDesktop with a popup, the following happens

13-Jan-2006 18:40:37 com.jmex.awt.swingui.JMEDesktop$MyPopupFactory getPopup

SEVERE: Popup creation failed - desktop not found in component hierarchy of javax.swing.JRootPane[,0,0,1111x626,invalid,layout=javax.swing.JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=16777673,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at javax.swing.ToolTipManager.showTipWindow(ToolTipManager.java:293)

at javax.swing.ToolTipManager$insideTimerAction.actionPerformed(ToolTipManager.java:655)

at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)

at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: From thread Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,] already has the context current

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.checkAccess(Context.java:169)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.makeCurrent(Context.java:176)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:251)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:269)

at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(RepaintArea.java:239)

at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(RepaintArea.java:216)

at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(WComponentPeer.java:254)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4031)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

ok good to know…guess it's my darn 6800 GO that screws things up then…

Can this be used with normal swing components not added to the JME Canvas implementation

MrCoder,

For the sake of your ability to code I'd be willing to trade cards with you. :wink:

darkfrog

kidneybean said:

Can this be used with normal swing components not added to the JME Canvas implementation

No :( You can either use normal swing frames or JMEDesktop. Using both is not possible because some things (e.g. Popup factory) are static in Swing and have to be replaced for JMEDesktop. If you find a workaround for that let me know...

? Possible to turn them off on initialisation

darkfrog said:

MrCoder,

For the sake of your ability to code I'd be willing to trade cards with you. ;)

darkfrog

could you send me your card through email?  :D
guess the best alternative for me is to try to fix the problem myself instead of just ranting on about it *s*  XD
kidneybean said:

? Possible to turn them off on initialisation

them :?
What do you mean?

Mr Coder, what drivers do you have installed? It does sound suspiciously like a bad driver…

AFAIK those mobile GO cards can't use the normal nVidia drivers… but you should be able to get some from your laptop manufactorer, or if they're too lazy for that (they wouldn't be the first) some more recent "modded" drivers from places like http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

any way of making a component unfocusable, except by removing them from their parent? (with setvisible(false) the component is still focusable, draggable etc)

MrCoder said:

any way of making a component unfocusable, except by removing them from their parent? (with setvisible(false) the component is still focusable, draggable etc)

err, making them invisible should make them unfocusable. I try to have a look at that. For the time being try setting them disabled.