jMEditor v0.2

Hi to all jME fans.

I finally decided to release a new version for jMEditor.

This version is still far from complete and a lot of functionality is not in.

This last month was hell at work, so I did not get any time to work with jME. I did start with a better and more functional editor, but it will still be a while before any release will be out.

For all you people who have waited so long for me to release my second version of jMEditor, here is something for your tast budds…

http://www.geocities.com/nickidebruyn/downloads.html

Enjoy!

This is fantastic! Took me awhile to realize I needed to create a new project, but once I did, I was able to built a scene very easily.

The file format dose not aper to be jme’s. Is there a way to convert to it?

very nice. That seems to be the 0.3 release rather than the 0.2 (Title bar says so :slight_smile: )

One thing tho, could you perhaps cool off the rendering loop while im working on the swing dialogue.

Im very interested about the beanshell scripting environment, what is its purpose?

DP

Hi.

At this time the only terrain that is not supported is imagebasedheightmap terains. You can use rawheightmaps and all of the rest.

Badmi:

I wrote my own file format, because I wanted to add some extra saving abilities, for example the location of a beanshell script.

I am going to add the functionality to save to .jme format for the next releases. I want to wait until it supports more of the scene to be saved!

DarkProphet

Ooopss… It was actially an internal release of my own, so I forgot to change the title back to version 0.2.

I will look into it!

The beanshell script is there to add customized controllers to your scene spatials.

The script can be writen to make some node move arround or rotate or etc. in the scene space!

Ok DarkProphet here is a sample of a beanshell script.

This script will move the selected spatial.

forward = true;
//Always use the update method, because this is the method
//which will be called each game loop.
update() {

if (forward) {
      spatial.getLocalTranslation().z += 0.5F;
   } else {
      spatial.getLocalTranslation().z -= 0.5F;
   }

if (spatial.getLocalTranslation().z >= 100F) {
      forward = false;
   }
   if (spatial.getLocalTranslation().z <= -100F) {
      forward = true;   
   }

}

How to use:
Save this file as move.bsh in the scripts folder the Editor create when
you create a new project.
Open JMEditor and add a box to the scene. Select the box and click on the script tab. Browse for script. Open move.bsh script and click on apply!

This will make the box move!

Mind if I link this from the Apps and Utilities page?

No problem.

That is what that link is for, isn’t is.

My next version of the Editor is going to have SWT as gui framework, so you people shouldn’t get to cozy with this version, it’s going to get a face lift soon!

"tGiantLabs" wrote:
Ok DarkProphet here is a sample of a beanshell script.
This script will move the selected spatial.

forward = true;
//Always use the update method, because this is the method
//which will be called each game loop.
update() {

if (forward) {
      spatial.getLocalTranslation().z += 0.5F;
   } else {
      spatial.getLocalTranslation().z -= 0.5F;
   }

if (spatial.getLocalTranslation().z >= 100F) {
      forward = false;
   }
   if (spatial.getLocalTranslation().z <= -100F) {
      forward = true;   
   }

}

How to use:
Save this file as move.bsh in the scripts folder the Editor create when
you create a new project.
Open JMEditor and add a box to the scene. Select the box and click on the script tab. Browse for script. Open move.bsh script and click on apply!

This will make the box move!

This seams like a controller to me. If you allow the user to use there own controller then they would be able to put it in there game when they are done. For example if they use a controllers in there games which moves a spatial forward and back they would be able to import it into you editor and see the affect inside the editor and specify it inside the file.

Well, yes Badmi that is what this script stuff is all about.

What I did was to create a ScriptController which loads the

BeanShell script, add some objects to be accessed(like the selected spatial, camera, terrain, etc.) and then executes that script.

I will later on make this script controller more generic.

Bye

Glad you’r making progress m8, seems to be alot of very interesting features in this release!

Keep up the excellent work!

/Per