Jmephysics uses what odejava version?

I see odejava source code in jmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejava. I assume this is the odejava source that corresponds to jmephysicsreleaselibodejava.dll

My questions are:

• How do I check out odejava version from CVS that is used for that source code? How to find out what version of odejava is used for that source?

• What revision of ode (opende) is used to build  jmephysicsreleaselibodejava.dl

Thanks,

Stefan

jME Physics 2 uses odejava-jni (JNI part of ODEJava), this includes the odejava-jni.jar plus odejava.dll/so/jnilib. It usually uses the cvs from the same date.

The sources in jmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejava were ODEJava sources but have been modified a lot to fit the needs of a jME Physics 2 implementation and cannot be replaced by any ODEJava version.

Currently odejava-jni uses the trunk of ODE (rev. 1266), you can see that in the odejava-jni/src/ode.patch file. It is about to use ODE 0.9 as soon as it is released.

irrisor said:

jME Physics 2 uses odejava-jni (JNI part of ODEJava), this includes the odejava-jni.jar plus odejava.dll/so/jnilib. It usually uses the cvs from the same date.

The sources in jmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejava were ODEJava sources but have been modified a lot to fit the needs of a jME Physics 2 implementation and cannot be replaced by any ODEJava version.

Currently odejava-jni uses the trunk of ODE (rev. 1266), you can see that in the odejava-jni/src/ode.patch file. It is about to use ODE 0.9 as soon as it is released.

Irrisor, thanks a lot!

Does this describe properly how to get all sources?

- Checkout latest jmephysics from CVS
- Get the date for jmephysicsimplodelibodejava-jni.jar. Using that date, checkout odejava project. Odejava project-jni source is used to build jmephysicsimplodelibodejava-jni.jar
- From odejavaodejava-jnisrcode.patch get the opende (ode) revision that was used to generate odejava-jni interface and odejava.dll used by jmephysics

The reason I ask again is, following this  method, I checked out odejava dated  -D 09/23/2007 (date for odejava-jni in latest jmephysics).
The file ode.patch indicates ode revision 996 that is dependency for odejava (odejava-jni) project and I suppose ode 996 is used to build odejava.dll?

Can I build ode from rev. 1266, then odejaja-jni.jar from LATEST odejava and then use odejava-jni.jar and odejava.dll I built with latest jmephysics?

- Or,  I build ode from rev. 966, then odejaja-jni.jar from  -D 09/23/2007  odejava and then use odejava-jni.jar and odejava.dll I built with latest jmephysics?

Sorry for being confused...

The last change in the java part of odejava-jni was on 09/23/2007. But the natives changed after that. So you’d need to use a later version of odejava-jni. With ‘same date’ I meant checking out jmephysics from today, you should checkout odejava from today (of course you can determine the date by max(date(odejava-jni.jar),date(odejava.dll)), too :)).