Jmonkey as a career option for developers

To make a big city in Blender you have model it. :smile: Iā€™ve never done this myself so Iā€™m not sure how to do that exactly but I guess you could divide the city mesh into objects with smaller parts of it. To import it you can use OGRE XML or convert it into .j3o with the SDK. Then you can use something like this in your code:
Node cityMesh = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(somePath.);
Node block1 = (Node) cityMesh.getChild(ā€žblock1ā€);

HOW scaling model in blender and import in jmonkey effect frame per sec
and same thing divide big city in smaller object effect frame per sec

so you are saying making .blend file for each object like stairs, sphere,chair,building and importing in jmonkey and use
Node cityMesh = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(somePath.);
Node block1 = (Node) cityMesh.getChild(ā€žblock1ā€);

for each model will make the game fast

instead of putting all in one blender file and use it in jmonkey

If you make separate .blend files for different things, you load them like this:
Node stairs = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(somePath); Node building = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(anotherPath);

However, if you put them in the same .blend file but different objects, you load them like this:
Node wholeModel = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(somePath); Node stairs = (Node) wholeModel.getChild("stairs"); Node building = (Node) wholeModel.getChild("building");

I think this will improve performance, just saying once more Iā€™m not 100% sure because I havenā€™t done this myself yet.

If I understood correctly, youā€™re asking how will scaling a model change the framerate in jMonkey. The answer is easy: the bigger the model, the more resources it requires to render.

so ur saying i make my model through meshes or objects which is small

make building
1 blend file for each wall

then load into jmonkey engine will make the game fast

For many objects on the scene you need culling - already implemented in JME but you can extend it to fit your specific needs.
For complex objects created with small parts you can use batching - already implemented in JME.
All models must be made using some 3rd party software (e.g. Blender) - that should be obvious.
You can create your 3D word using scene editor and/or programmatically. That means you can create a city/village in scene editor and put it into your game, or create it using some noise algorithm - all depends on your needs, do you need to walk into that town, interact with infrastructure or just see it flying above in some flying vehicle.

For small scenes everything should work out-of-the-box. Create and use. For some larger and more complex things you need more knowledge and experience. Youā€™ll probably need your own code to optimize things, the way you;ll do it will depend on things that are specific to your game and 3D world.

ur point is scene rendering or 3d game development
is based on camera view

camera view is the basics of 3 d game development

3D game development includes scene rendering!
Every game is a sum of graphics, sound, music, scenario, design etc. You need it all, it needs to be made with good quality.
With your approach you should really go away from here, take unity, download some assets from store and make another crappy looking game.

Make a soup: just put some vegetables, meat and spices into pot of boiling water - this is you way.
My way is to carefully select every ingredient, use it in the right order, checking the taste from time to time.

Which soup will be more tasty?

3 Likes

please dont respond if u dont want to anyone else will respond
its an open forum

I want you to respond my question:

1 Like

hey buddy look dont get angry dont put your energy irrelevent
any one who understand what is actually my point of asking
can respond
if u want to respond then use cool words

you may have other things to do put ur energy there
i can find my answer here with ease

I see that you are unable to answer my question :wink:
Ok, Iā€™m not angry with that. Donā€™t worry. :wink:

5 Likes

so camera view is the basics of 3d game development
perfect way to look in a 3d game devlopment
objects should loads only when they are in the view

there is another thing called texture mapping which will effect
pace of the game

which algorithm do jmonkey use for texture mapping

and what about the far objects
how do they load in jmonkey engine

there are lot of lot things which is relevant to
that an open space will take less space
than a room full of object

and what about the large terrain

i guess this also related to object far and near how to be loaded

so 3d game is nothig but a 2d game from the computer view

response at 9:30

i am again here in basics of computer graphics

what is pixel

Objects should be rendered only if they are in view. Loading is something different, imagine that you need to load a lot of object (their structure and materials), that will effect with a lag, so sometimes it is better to upload all of them (or at least try to do it) e.g. when you are entering the new level, new region etc - it is again a game specific thing, JME allows you to preload objects on your own.

use google.

hmmmmā€¦ no, Iā€™ll stay :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Indeedā€¦ I know who Iā€™d pick if it were one or the other. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly! Itā€™s googleā€™s new phone.

5 Likes
2 Likes

how to import models fully from google sketcup to jmonkey
and name all other free 3d modeling software that work full with jmonkey to import models

i mean blender is always there for me

but any other 3d modeling software(the free ones) ,i want to know
thanks in advance