Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

You can use now the particle editing in the version of editor 0.8.7.

1 Like

ver. 0.8.8
-Implemented drawing jME application inside JavaFX Canvas.
-Migrated from the ReflectionAllocator to the JEmallocAllocator
-Added actions to convert .scene/.mesh.xml/.fbx/.obj to .j3o
-Updated context menus in the AssetTree and ModelNodeTree
-Added showing animation tracks in the ModelNodeTree
-Added some actions to animation nodes in the ModelEditor
-Bugfixes

1 Like

Hey, I have a feature request: a way to create a texture that is just filled with one color when editing a material. That way you could quickly try even the materials that only accept a texture, but not a color.
Otherwise I’m still getting familliar with the editor but it looks cool so far.

Can you create a ticket on the bitbucket?

Done, I just copypasted the feature part of my previous post, I hope you don’t mind.

1 Like

May i have a request for new feature ?

It will be cool if you integrate xbuf loader to your editor :slight_smile:

you can create a ticket about this on the bitbucket :slight_smile:
but… what is the xbuf? can you provide me a link with explanation?

Will do :slight_smile:

It is an exchange format for 3D scenes, models, animations, …
http://www.xbuf.org/

ver. 0.8.9
-Added the Apache License.
-Added an action to create a single color texture.
-Added an AudioViewer and implement supporting AudioNode in the ModelEditor.
-Added an action to convert a .xbuf model to .j3o.
-Updated the list of embedded environment textures.
-Implemented a LoD Generator.
-Added a frame rate setting to settings dialog.
-Updated a style of a ColorPicker control.
-Updated an ImageViewer.
-Added an action to extract sub-animations.

5 Likes

Looking very good, I really like the progress and have been actively using SpaceShift Editor.

1 Like

I believe that my editor will be a main editor of jME3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well SDK is still pretty strong.
Also when I have a scene in your editor open my Ubuntu slows down quite a bit, the most noticable when switching workspaces. When I run my app from idea it also has some jitter…
Might be my hardware or there might be something wrong in the jfx - jme bridge.

I work on this :wink: I want to have a possibility to work on IntelliJ Idea with SSEditor without SDK for any cases.
I did a lot of work for this and I will do else :wink:

I have to move every frame from jME to JFX Canvas, it makes a lot of overhead :frowning:. I have added the frame rate setting in the 0.8.9 and you can decrease the default value. But on my laptop, I have good performance with 60fps :slight_smile:

SDK tools are hard… you have to remain so abstract. Desktop business programming is where a lot of my experience lies, and it kinda shows if you read my code. So the SDK should be my forte, and iv written a plugin or two for it; just be very aware of forcing a closed implementation, instead opt for interfaces and abstract it away, and provide test cases as opposed to an end result they are forced to use.

Its the reason im so hesitant to provide a drag-n-drop infinite terrain for example. Sounds great, but its really not that simple. And probably the reason you inadvertantly went solo on this.

However, this project is pretty awesome. Kudos and luck be with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just want to have a friendly editor for jME, and I will do it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, JME PBR has little bit misleading gamma parametres. They can be fixed easily by powering up gamma correction from 1 to 2

1 Like

mhhh, I’m not completely sure what you mean, what’s the format of your env map? did you enable gamma correction in JME?

HDR
and yes, I tryed “hardware gamma correction”, it goes oposite direction, instead correctiong “from 1 to 2” it correct from " 1 to 0,5" and in result everything becoming darker and even more oversaturated.
Maybe this is problem of implementing something in SSE, I dont know ) But the fact is that there incorrect gamma.

What code should I use to make gamma correction? Maybe we are using different things :grin:

It’s just a boolean flag of application settings, I have no any control of this.