Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

The editor can’t work with project folder correctly, you should use only asset folders as root :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nehon Can you explain me how we can use several light probes in the same scene at the same time, please? I’m thinking on how I can implement editing of this.

I have updated a night build, we can test scene filters and new editing of light nodes :slight_smile:

First of all nice work! My scene graph is generated during runtime and I am thinking about using the SpaceShift Editor for debugging purposes to show the graph and its properties. Your thoughts on this? Do you think this is a feasable use-case to use it as a component with an existing scene graph/root node?

You want to embed my editor to your application like a component, correct?

Yes, I am thinking about it because I think the general structure would be suitable.

I have no idea how you can embed the editor to other application :frowning:

Hmm, ok - then maybe the other way around. I could implement a custom appstate which loads my scenegraph and adds the objects to the root node. And I think I could then add the appstate in the spaceshift editor to a scene and then I should have all my objects displayed - right?

Yep, it will work.

Nice, I think I will give it a try! thanks!

Sorry, my answer is wrong, you will see your objects, but you can’t edit your scene graph, let me improve my API to your case in the next version of editor.

Ok. Don’t stress yourself it will some time until i finally have this anyways :wink:

I have added a new method to the interface of custom app states, you can use it to get access to scene node, then you can attach your scene graph to this node and work with it.
https://bitbucket.org/JavaSabr/jme3-spaceshift-editor/commits/987b44b909df7ebc2b9f9710ee8a94fa1978e7f3#chg-jme3-spaceshift-extension/src/com/ss/extension/scene/app/state/SceneAppState.java
I will include this change to the version 0.9.2

2 Likes

Wow - that was fast! Btw, are shader nodes already in spaceshift?

shader nodes are part of jME engine… I think so… :slight_smile:

No you got me wrong - I mean the shader nodes editor which is or has been (not so sure) part of the SDK.

well just put several of them, then compute the textures for them
the transitioni between them is not really great for now, but that’s pure engine issue

No, I can’t integrate it to my editor, but I have plans to implement my own version for this :slight_smile:

Ok, looking forward to this^^ Currently I am working again on backend issues, but when I am back at doing engine stuff I plan to make a PBR Terrain material using shader nodes. And because I heard there is not “even” a normal PBRMaterial thats using nodes I think I will start “converting” this… Maybe your plans are already reality then and I can give it a try - I think I will stick to VIM otherwise;)

I think you mean what you already mentioned in some other post. That the plan is that “all” the closest lightprobes will be “combined” (interpolation or something) in the future, but currently only the closest is used.

Maybe related - I am thinking on some algorithm for automatically placing the probes in a scene. Reason behind this is that I have a dynamic scene so manually placing the probes will result to strange lightning behaviour in some areas. I thought about using a navmesh to get all the possible player positions, then calculate the environment maps for all of them (or with some distance vector) and then remove the ones that have the least differences between its neighbours until some pre-defined amount of probes is reached. Do you think this might work?