Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

Hmm, can’t find that on gltf converted files :anguished:

this example is from the AnimatedCube.gltf, if you can’t see it in your case, it’s a problem with GLTF loader, I think you need to post about this in the topic about the loader :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

I downloaded the sourcecode and imported proyect into eclispe. Run SS Editor from there. I can reproduce the error but have no idea how to fix it.

editFile.toFile().canWrite(); return always true. I tryid using EDITOR.getAssetManager().clearCache(); and editFile.toFile().delete(); but didn’t work.

you need to detect which process locked the file:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3565218/how-to-know-what-process-is-using-a-given-file

Hmmm, I’m getting the following error, when I right click the gtlf file and convert from gtlf to j3o:

caused by com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: scene.bin
	at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:370)
	at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:386)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readData(GltfLoader.java:502)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readBuffer(GltfLoader.java:472)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader$VertexBufferPopulator.populate(GltfLoader.java:1263)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader$VertexBufferPopulator.populate(GltfLoader.java:1231)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readAccessorData(GltfLoader.java:453)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readMeshPrimitives(GltfLoader.java:344)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readNode(GltfLoader.java:209)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readChild(GltfLoader.java:257)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readChild(GltfLoader.java:265)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.readScenes(GltfLoader.java:168)
	at com.jme3.scene.plugins.gltf.GltfLoader.load(GltfLoader.java:121)
	at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadLocatedAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:259)
	at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:373)
	at com.ss.editor.file.converter.impl.AbstractModelFileConverter.convertImpl(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.file.converter.impl.AbstractModelFileConverter.lambda$convert$1(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.BackgroundEditorTaskExecutor.doExecute(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.AbstractEditorTaskExecutor.run(Unknown Source)

can you make a screenshot of where you placed the scene in your asset folder?

The process that locks the .frag file is javaw.exe that is running SS Editor.
Resource monitor display the file after open Material Editor tab.

so ok, can you make a heapdump of started SS editor when you can reproduce the problem? Also, I hope you will compress the file of the heapdump :slight_smile:

The resources folder is located under /src/test/resources

which version of SS editor do you use?

1.1.0, the latest one I think. Though I can try doing a fresh install?

you can look at in About Dialog, I don’t understand why the editor can’t find the file in your case…

Yes its 1.1.0, the latest version. Also I’m on Windows 7.

I see… I can’t test it on windows at home :frowning: I will look at it in tommorow.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5T154HbeZMFY2Uya25NZFI4MWM/view?usp=sharing

thank you very much :slight_smile: can you show me the full stacktrace in the last version of the editor?

2 Likes

Have uploaded native mac version:

The stacktrace from your last “official” release (jme3-spaceshift-editor-1.1.0.7z from https://yadi.sk/d/UuKcJBNgqbV3a) is:

WARNING 12:37:46:567 GLSLFileEditor: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\PRIORI~1.INF\AppData\Local\Temp\GLSLFileEditor438435304505365531toSave.tmp -> C:\Users\priorih.INFORMATICA\Documents\AssetFolder\newmatdef1.frag
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.editor.impl.AbstractFileEditor.lambda$save$4(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.BackgroundEditorTaskExecutor.doExecute(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.AbstractEditorTaskExecutor.run(Unknown Source)