JMonkey IDE errors randomly appear in huge amounts [Solved - Kinda]

Hello all…

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but it’s an issue wit the IDE it seems, and not sure if it affects applications.

So I decided to randomly change orientation of my monitor to see what will happen. Last time I had changed my laptop’s monitor, and not my primary display, which also happened this time.

Essentially to change orientation you hold control + shift and then an arrow key, depending on what orientation you want.

So after I changed mine to the right, Jmonkey IDE blows up…

I’ve had a bunch of issues with random errors before (haven’t reported them as I thought it was random), but this happened right after I did the orientation change.

Here’s the error code

=== jMonkeyEngine FBO State ===
FrameBuffer[format=120x120x1, drawBuf=0]
Depth => BufferTarget[format=Depth]
Color(0) => BufferTarget[format=RGBA8]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer doesn't have any renderbuffers attached.
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1329)
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1606)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:961)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1023)
	at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:334)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:125)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:151)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
FrameBuffer[format=1x1x1, drawBuf=0]
Color(0) => BufferTarget[format=RGB8]

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid framebuffer operation (1286)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.checkGLError(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:98)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:126)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:151)
FrameBuffer[format=120x120x1, drawBuf=0]
Color(0) => BufferTarget[format=RGBA8]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer doesn't have any renderbuffers attached.
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1329)
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1606)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:961)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1023)
	at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:334)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44)
	at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:125)
FrameBuffer[format=1x1x1, drawBuf=0]
Color(0) => BufferTarget[format=RGB8]

and then repeats a billion times (currently at 7 thousand).

Normally when I get plowed by errors, it ends in the 3.3-3.4k range…

Jeez… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not really sure why my primary monitor (this external monitor) isn’t changing orientation. JMonkey runs on this screen too… very odd IMO…

Thoughts???

EDIT: Got 9000+ errors, and JME running @ over 2 gb of ram, getting me up to 90% ram usage… GG to that, shut er down at that point LOL.

Going to try again to make sure this wasn’t a random occurance.

EDIT2: I just tried again and it iddn’t work… I guess this is normal error, so I will change the name.

I dont know about changes in orientation, but if you are using the version 3.0, there is an bunch of bugs that causes this behavior, almost of all of they was fixed on version 3.1.
Did you try to restart the jme to see it this fix it ? Normally it do and the errors stops.

yeah gotta shut er down.

IT didn’t actually change with the orientation the second time, so I think it just bugged out at the right time :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm? Problem solved, no errors after restart? Add [SOLVED] to the header of this topic?

Not solved because we don’t know whre it came from!

But like you said, it’s something that happens all over :stuck_out_tongue:

IT’S PROBABLY OPENGL 1’S FAULT!