Jmonkey platform doesn't open new projects

When I create a new project the JMonkey platform just stays the same. The folders do get created and I also see the asset folder where things should be put to.

The project window is empty and the run button doesn’t work.

If I try to load the project, when i reach the root of the project, like D:/MyProjects/BasicGame/ It says it doesn’t recognize and i’m missing a pluging (or at least it speculates…while i’m banging my head on the wall, figuring out what i did wrong)…

I don’t know why it doesn’t work. I tried reinstalling without any success whatsoever…

What can I try? Does anyone know what could be wrong?

i had a similar problem before, can’t remember what i did to fix. Think i just reinstalled, i suggest you do the same. Uninstall it, BUT make sure to click the checkbox that says if u wanna delete your “settings” folder or something. Then create a project, close it, restart jmp, and see if you can open it again. Btw what operating system you using?

1 Like

Windows 7…I have ubuntu on my laptop, so if i have to switch, i can…I just wanna get started, cause even creating a cube was kinda exhilirating

btw, thanks for your quick reply ^^

And i love you, it worked like a charm! It was torture but now i am relieved. Thank you!

dimitristrigkakis said:
And i love you, it worked like a charm! It was torture but now i am relieved.

Could it be you installed the JDK after the jMonkey SDK? Just checking for the future.
1 Like

Yes! I saw that it produced an error so i downloaded the jdk.

Ok, thanks.

dimitristrigkakis said:
Yes! I saw that it produced an error so i downloaded the jdk.

He asked you whether the jmp was installed before the JDK. So, it wasn't. You simply didn't install the JDK xD.

I had installed the JMe and then after the error I did install the Jdk. That’s when the jme did open but didn’t have any project on it. Simply reinstalling the jme seemed to do the trick (since the jdk was already installed the second time). So the jdk should have been installed before the jme…True lol.

I have to say this is the best thing i’ve discovered in ages. It is extremely simple to do anything and I’m really excited! Now it works perfectly and I have even loaded textures with alpha channels that i created. I had tried many other engines in the past, but i couldn’t get through because of inexperience. The only problem i had here was that i didn’t follow the instructions properly. Everything else worked itself out. I’m so happy I found this engine!!! ^^ I’m becoming quite the " ^^ " fan…

1 Like