jMonkey platform not shutting down when closing

Here is the familiar message I get when closing JMonkey:

Java Platform SE binary has stopped working.

Check online for a solution

Close the program

Debug the program

It’s the same error I have gotten when running 32 bit programs on Win7 64 bit. I tried the compatibility setting for WinXP but it changed nothing. Run in Admin mode changed nothing.

Win7 64 bit

8 gigs ram

ATI Radeon HD 5800

jdk1.6.0_23

jre6

Yeah, its a known issue with lwjgl 2.8.1 on Winows 64bit. As soon as an update of lwjgl is out we’ll push a stable update to the SDK.

1 Like

That is the fastest forum reply I have ever received! And I’ve posted thousands. OK. I will be waiting impatiently…

Thanks!

I have problems where my app in 50% of the times throw up a crash/terminate dialogue when I close the app with the close button in the corner of the window. Perhaps there is some cleaning up missing or some native libraries that arent properly de-constructed? This is Win7 32bit.

Maybe the issue is just expressing itself differently on 32bit windows, idk. Check the log in the settings dir (location is in the about window) to see if the crash is related to OpenAL as well. (thats the issue with lwjgl)

1 Like
@johncl said:
I have problems where my app in 50% of the times throw up a crash/terminate dialogue when I close the app with the close button in the corner of the window. Perhaps there is some cleaning up missing or some native libraries that arent properly de-constructed? This is Win7 32bit.

I've gotten the same problem a few times when closing a tutorial. It's not just been when closing jMonkey. I hope it's related to the lwjgl 2.8.1 file too.

jMonkey did a bunch of plugin updates today, and since that, jMonkey has shut down properly since. I’ve opened and closed it many times, ran a bunch of demos, and it seems fine now. Could it be? :slight_smile:

nah, its magic :slight_smile:

I thought so…

We updated to the new version of LWJGL so those crashes are gone now

Woohoo! :smiley:

After upgrading today, and there were two updates, this problem is back. Everything was previously fine, perfect, and now it’s almost as bad as before. I’m getting the same error as in my first post above when trying to close. I’m bummed…

oO Did you use the nightly update center at any time?

Just the Check for Updates option in the Help menu about 30 minutes ago. That’s when ip did the update. I just opened JM up to look at that menu and when I closed it I got the error just now.

Hm, the lwjgl libraries haven’t been touched since the update that fixed stuff for you. You can try and delete the lwjgl.dll in your settings directory (location is in the about panel) to make sure its updated.

There is only an lwjgl64.dll there.

yeah, delete that.

OK, it’s renamed.

Its always being put there again if its deleted or not current. Though the “not current” bit can go wrong sometimes.

OK, it just put back the same dated dll when I ran a sample. I’m getting those shut down errors as I run some of the samples from TestChooser.java.