jMonkeyBuilder: Bugs

Ok, I will look at it, thanks. Working on multi-selection makes a lot of changes with these UI components :frowning:

I understand, I really do not criticize the work done. :wink:

I have uploaded a new build.

1 Like

Hello

Under linux, the color customization dialog box does not always open, it makes the application in modal. To make it appear, it is sometimes necessary to switch between various applications. But that does not always work, I have to kill the process to close the application and start again.

I am working on Linux Mint 18.3 (64 bit)
i use JMB 1.7.2

PS: I do not know if the problem is the same under windows, I have not tested.

Thoced

hm, I work with jMB only under linux :slight_smile: But I will look at it again.

Is it possible to add a gradle run task or even add a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF so the user can start the application in a less convoluted way? My app will search through all gradle tasks, and I can ā€œattemptā€ to execute the jar via java -jar xxx.jar but neither are available to exploit.

1 Like

ok, I will add the application plugin for the gradle script :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you :slight_smile:

I get every time this error: Error adding module to project: java.io.IOException: ā€˜path/to/projectā€™ already exists in VFS
and I didnā€™t find a solutionā€¦ļ»æ
So, I have installed jMonkey over the plugin-browser (in Intellij) and not much more. I tried it with Java JDK 9 and Oracle 8 (V1.8).
I followed this instuctions. I guess I didnā€™t defined a jMonkeyBuilder path like in the videoā€¦

Did i forgot something?

which version of intellij plugin do you use?

jMonkeyEngine Support Version: 1.3.2
Intellij Version 2017.3.5
Iā€™ll try Intellij 2018.1 later, but I guess it wonā€™t work either.
I have this error on my win10 surface and win7 pc. One of my friends on his win10 surface too.

Could you provide a log file from IntelliJ IDEA, please?

You can find my idea file here

Hm,
Could you delete old versions of the library here and recheck the problem?
Imgur
Itā€™s an issue of plugin updating mechanism of IntellJ IDEA.
Also, I see in your log file, that you try to re-create a jME project in the same folder several times.

Well, I deinstalled Intellij and deleted all configs. I installed Intellij 2018.1 ā€¦ now I canā€™t import jMonkey in any way. I downloaded it from Intellijā€™s Website and tried to copy it in a plugin folder, but it was listed red in my plugin list and it wasnā€™t aviable to created a project with. I tried to install it with Intellijā€™s plugin browser but itā€™s not listed there.

Did you have a current working tutorial how to setup Intellij for jMonkey? Iā€™m going to be crazy just to set it up since 2 weeks. I hate my lifeā€¦

Which Version of Intellij works with jMonkey? Did I need to download it and import it manually or did Intellij by it self?!

My plugin-directory looks mor like thatā€¦ o.O

I havenā€™t tested yet my plugin with IntelliJ IDEA 2018, I will re-check it. Usually, you just can install the plugin from Plugin Browser and create a simple jME project without any additional actions from you.

Also, I canā€™t open your screenshot

ok, I removed everything and installed Intellij 2017.3
I donā€™t know what the error occuredā€¦
It works with Java Oracle 8 and not with Java JDK 9ā€¦

Thanks for your time and help :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the latest release, Iā€™ve noticed thereā€™s a small bug with the interface for the terrain editor sculpting tools

Sometimes the functionality of the selected tool will swap with another toolā€™s - for example the Slope tool will switch functionality with the Cliff tool, and sometimes the ā€œSmoothlyā€ check box becomes reversed and it applies smooth sculpting when it is not checked rather than checked. Usually this functionality flip occurs after Iā€™ve used the editor for a while

The tools all still work properly so itā€™s not a major bug. Anytime the bug occurs, I continue working like normal and just remind myself to select the slope tool when I want cliffs, and the cliff tool when I want slopes.

I could also post a video showing when the tool flip occurs if that would help.

1 Like

I found a bug under linux where jMB crashes on startup when I use awesome WM, but not under KDE.

The crash log is

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp
WARNING 17:58:08:471 BasePluginSystem: canā€™t load the plugin from the directory/opt/jMonkeyBuilder/app/embedded-plugins/jmb-shader-nodes because canā€™t find any plugin class with description.
Jun 08, 2018 5:58:08 PM com.jme3.system.NativeLibraryLoader setExtractionFolderToUserCache
WARNING: Working directory is not writable. Natives will be extracted to:
/home/[-----]/.cache/jme3/natives_bace12a7
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.fxmisc.richtext.TextFlowExt (file:/opt/jMonkeyBuilder/app/libs/richtextfx-0.9.0.jar) to method javafx.scene.text.TextFlow.getTextLayout()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.fxmisc.richtext.TextFlowExt
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
X Error of failed request: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
Major opcode of failed request: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
Serial number of failed request: 75
Current serial number in output stream: 76
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

I downloaded the current source code (revision e474279a6bbe) and poked a little bit at it.
The crash seems to somehow be related to the SvgImageLoader. When I comment line 337 in JfxApplication,

public void start(@NotNull Stage stage) throws Exception {
   [...]   
   // Line 337: SvgImageLoaderFactory.install();

the application starts. I didnā€™t test it further but at least it doesnā€™t crash on startup.
I tracked it further down and it seems to crash on line 104 in the SvgImageLoader when it tries to load the images from the Icons class.

@FxThread
    private @NotNull BufferedImage getTranscodedImage(float width, float height) throws TranscoderException {
        var trans = new BufferedImageTranscoder(BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);
        trans.addTranscodingHint(KEY_WIDTH, width);
        trans.addTranscodingHint(KEY_HEIGHT, height);
        trans.transcode(new TranscoderInput(this.input), null);  // <--- Line 104
        return trans.getBufferedImage();
    }

I didnā€™t get further at this point, so I gave up here.

I really like using the editor, but itā€™s a bit annoying to have to switch to KDE to use it.
Could you have a look at this issue? That would be really great!

1 Like