jMonkeyBuilder: Bugs

@yaRnMcDonuts could you make a short video about your problem with terrain editing tool, please?
@thoced @Toboi could you check this version, please?
https://yadi.sk/d/G-5RP-1B3YAHqD

With version 1.8.1, under Linux, the conversion of GLTF files works !!

1 Like

I have included the dependency ‘compile ‘javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:2.3.0’’

1 Like

I am trying to get a video example, but I’m having another bug when I try recording with Fraps when JMB is also open. Anytime I start recording while JMB is open, the video that is created always shows just a blank gray screen with the mouse moving around, and the video is split into many small clips.

The bug I was describing also occurred while I was using the terrain editor with 3-4 linked Terrains from multiple scenes, but now that it has occurred it persists even when I edit one terrain alone.

I also noticed that I cannot change any of my textures or the" Scale" value for my terrain. If I change a texture or enter a new scale value for a texture, nothing changes and the old values persist.

I will try to reinstall JMB and hopefully the bugs will reset, and if the bugs occur again I will pay more attention to what exactly I am doing at the time.

I fixed it in the 1.8.1 build above

hm, I don’t have a windows machine to test fraps, but on linux I have different tools to record video and it works for all these tools good. :frowning:

I tried to re-install, but I am getting the same problems. And the more I use version 1.8 of JMB, the worse it seems to get. I just re-opened JMB and the Asset tab is showing up strange. Some files are appearing with the folder icon, and the drop-down arrows seem to be in the wrong place.

Most of the other editor features still work, but it seems like I’ve managed to do something that keeps causing more bugs the more I use the editor.

Re-installing didn’t seem to reset these bugs - what should I do to get a fresh install of 1.8?

Edit: The bug with the folder layout has gone away now after I restarted JMB a few times, but I noticed another bug happening that happened to me once before. :

Some of my models appear black in JMB, but not in the SDK, despite having the lights turned on, here’s an example with the same exact model open in both

This usually happens to a my foilage models after I have used them with the Model Spawner tool in a seperate scene.
This happened to me once before with another a fern model, although it eventually resolved itself after a few days and I was able to use that model in JMB again.

I have integrated JMonkeyEngine with IntelliJ using version 1.3.4 of your JMonkeyEngine plugin. Unfortunately, I could not integrate JMonkeyBuilder (tried versions 1.7.0, 1.7.2 and 1.8.0), because download its jar and using jar’s path as the path to jMonkeyBuilder in IntelliJ consistently lead to a “The version of jMB does not support integration with IDEA” pop-up.

I would like to humbly ask why something like ‘com.github.JavaSaBr:jmonkey-builder:1.7.2’ is not by default included in the dependencies block of the project’s build.gradle file, and how to properly build JMonkeyBuilder to get an executable jar file. The latter question was birthed from a “no main manifest attribute” error I get whenever I try to run a JMonkeyBuilder jar.

Some images have been included to illustrate some of the aforementioned issues:
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

I think you need to download jMB native build for windows, why do you use jars?

I thought I could just download a JMonkeyBuilder jar and provide its path in IntelliJ. I am sorry but I am a newbie with building a plugin from source, but already have CLI gradle (which I suppose I might need) installed.

I have tried for a long time to figure out how to properly integrate JMonkeyBuilder with IntelliJ. Could you please just direct me to good web pages that will help me understand the basic processes involved so I would not waste too much of your time?

Thank you very much for your time.

Thanks for the video.

I followed the instructions provided, but could not get a jME-example-1.0.deb file or similar shown around 1:16 in the video. This is illustrated by the screenshot below:

Path to jMonkeyBuilder was still empty, and entering the path showed in the video returned a “does not exist” error.

Could you please direct me towards the solution for this?

Could you provide your full log of builing process, please?

Have you installed jMB.deb to your system?

Sections from the log file:

I have not installed jMB.deb as I thought that was for the Linux OS and I am using Windows 10. I have although downloaded jmonkeybuilder-1.8.0.zip as I thought that was the version for Windows, but have not installed it to my system.

Should I download jMB.deb and install it to my system?

Thank you.

the jmonkeybuilder-1.8.0.msi is native build for windows.

also about your logs, I mean could you provide the log of artifact building process, please?, not IntelliJ IDEA’s log.

Perhaps you mean these:

I have installed jmonkeybuilder-1.8.0.msi, but double clicking the resulting exe file does not seem to do anything, and trying to set its path in IntelliJ pops up a “Can’t check a version of jMB” error as shown below:

Could you try to run this jMB from a terminal, please?

Running it in cmd or powershell on Windows 10 yields nothing.

could you try to run using command "java -jar ‘path to jmb’s jar’, please?

Still gives “Missing JavaFX application class com.ss.editor.JfxApplication” error as reported earlier, if I use the jar found in the jmonkeybuilder-1.8.0.zip file. A corresponding image, posted earlier, is shown here:
Imgur