JMonkeyEngine Contest [Project Submission Now Open] [Closes Monday Febuary 22nd]

I plan to submit a game. I haven’t decided what it should be yet though. Also, I think your idea is wonderful – I encourage you to submit it.

I think this contest is a wonderful opportunity to get back to developing something with JME again. I will see if I will be able to make a working prototype of an idea that I have.

as organiser of the competition, does this not give you a massive advantage ?

who are the judges ?

Anyone can vote on who wins. Everyone is encouraged to vote for someone other than themselves, but, since there is no good way of enforcing that it isn’t a strict rule. Since everyone can vote and all votes are the same, I don’t see any reason I can’t compete.

Barbossa: Eash pirate only ever votes for hisself.
Sparrow: I call for a vote!

Hehe, yes. :chimpanzee_smile:
If people aren’t allowed to vote for themselves, then two groups could form secretly and build a party that choses one from the group as winner. It’s like in a political system then which only has two parties and one of them wins.
So, you can’t make an algorithm that uses a “fair” voting which can not be corrupted by humans and their “creative” behavior. :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

The key here is that more than just the candidates can vote… unlike the pirates where only the candidates voted.

1 Like

So I send a PM to some people and promise them some money. Richest person wins. Like when politicians organize their “vote Dumbass for President” campaign. :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

Well, since being the winner here isn’t a life or death matter, I think we all could vote how we feel and see what happens. Am I right? :chimpanzee_smile:

Btw, I was the last person who chose the topic. I waited until all others made their poll and then voted for one of the three 23% things. It’s because I have a good idea for “can’t stop running”. :chimpanzee_winktongue: It was not intentional at first, because “classic novel” was also one of my two favorites. Funny…

Do you think we should have categories (ie. best idea, best code, best looking, best overall) or just a single vote?

Suppose that depends on the amount of games, so I would just wait with such a decision.

I like the idea of categories. It gives us the flair of the academy awards (only in better of course). :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

Should we post regular updates (Screenshots etc.) in this thread or do you think it’s better if it is a surprise at the end what each monkey managed to do?

I’ll setup categories if enough people submit. Enough is probably at least 10 (give or take a few).

Regular screenshots aren’t required, but they would be great.

And videos as well. I want to see lots and lots of videos please.

:smile:

3 Likes

Make another poll, most choices about the game have been made that way and it has been working great so far

Fair enough:

Should we have multiple categories (ie. best idea, best code, best looking, best overall) or a single category?

• Multiple Categories
  • Single Category

0 voters

I’d love to join, but the game my team is working on won’t be done for at least another year. I’m still getting my shaders put together!

You could always make a small game for this contest

It takes me 3 months to make a 2D game full of bugs galore and a rushed feel. I have school as well, so to get a game on time would require I do the same thing. I’d rather not waste your guys time.