jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.5

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.5!

Whopping 93 commits spanning over 340 files from 5 contributors in just two months, we caught up with the engine release, which is especially good news for those using Ant projects. Speaking of which, Ant projects now have jME engine sources and javadocs at their disposal, finally, no more walking in the dark. Netbeans 15 also provides a huge speed boost for Ant projects (very very slow output window when running ant projects · Issue #4141 · apache/netbeans · GitHub).

There is also now a Gradle project wizard for new jME Gradle projects. Similar to the jMonkeyEngine initializer found from the official web site. Cool cool cool cool…

Highlights:

• jME engine version v. 3.5.2 used internally and by Ant projects (up from 3.4.1)
  • Ant projects have sources and javadocs again
  • Gradle project wizard for jump starting your jME journey
  • Scene composer fixes and enhancements
  • Based on Netbeans 15 (up from 14)
  • Comes with JDK 11.0.17 (up from 11.0.15)

Special thanks to all contributors! Please report bugs and improvement ideas to our project Github page GitHub - jMonkeyEngine/sdk: The jMonkeyEngine3 SDK based on netbeans.

Grab your copy of the fresh release at Release SDK Release 3.5 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub.

22 Likes

Nice!

Mostly for my own interest, but also because I’ll avoid breaking changes if so, does the gradle project wizard use the initializer api or implement everything itself?

2 Likes

It is completely independent implementation. Using the initializer API wasn’t probably even evaluated.

2 Likes

A giant “thank you” to everyone who contributed to this crucial milestone…

Looks like the SDK is back on the menu, boys! :wink:

7 Likes

This is fantastic news. Thanks @tonihele and everyone involved in getting this one out.
Now I need to go and test drive sdk 3.5
:star_struck:

3 Likes

I’ve sent an e-mail announcement to our financial supporters.

2 Likes

Congrats guys!

2 Likes