JMonkeyEngine tests are available in the Android Market

I tried it on my Nexus One, I just got a black screen in every test. It didn’t crash though.

Device: Vodafone Nexus One

Android 2.2.1

Compilation FRG83D

I just tried the test package on my Motorola Android X, and here are the results:

Download from the market presented no problems

SimpleTextured worked great

light.TestLightRadius slowed down my phone (lagged when i tried to move the scene)

bullet.TestSimplePhysics would just jiggle in place after I moved it a bit (not sure what it is supposed to do)

helloworld.HelloJME3 worked great

helloworld.HelloLoop worked great

helloworld.HelloNode was just blank

helloworld.HelloEffects worked great and was cool

helloworld.HelloTerrain, dissappointingly, was blank

Hope it gets working at optimal condition soon. I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Tried on my toy and all tests showed a black screen.

HTC Desire

Android 2.2

I am very interested on this.

Best.

@jiyarza unfortunately the current state of the Android renderer does not support HTC phones.

You’re more than welcome to try help us remedy these issues.

Thanks for the link.

Meh, I wish I could help but this is beyond my knowledge. Maybe it is not worth the effort to support HTC with 2.2 at this point, and instead look forward to Android 3?.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work. :slight_smile:

I am new to this forum and jme.

Device is LG P500 Android 2.2

I am able to run this OpenGL ES 2.0 demos : https://market.android.com/details?id=demo.opengl.android

so I believe my phone shall be ok for the jme tests.

But jme 8 tests shows blank screens. Anything I can do to help ?

Hi,

I have collected the logcat from my HTC Desire running the SimpleTextured test. Here is the result, but not sure if it will make any sense.

The only thing that calls my attention is a GL error that happens twice before showing the black screen:

OGLESShaderRenderer(9079): glError 1280

Which is GL_INVALID_ENUM

Which suggests it is being passed an unsupported enum value to a GL function…

I can post the full log for the activity, if it is of any interest.

Cheers.

EDIT: I just saw this is a known problem. Nothing new here, sorry.

Samsung Galaxy GT-i9000

Android 2.2

KernelVersion = 2.6.32.9

Simple Textured: Working, Touchscreen problems

TestlightRadisu: Working, Touchscreen problems

TestSimplePhysic: Dunno, I see only a blu sphere is it supposed to be like this? , Touchscreen problems

HelloJME3:Working no problems

HelloLoop: Working no problems

HelloNode: I only see a black Screen

HelloEffect working but teouchscreen

HelloTerrain balck screen

Where i wrote touchscreen problems, the application works as intended, however when I move the camera it sometimes just hangs and displays the smae frame on the position beofre rotating and after for a while (old position new position old position new psoiton … you get me ^^)

Hope I could help :wink:

Droid 1 running CyanogenMod 7 has black screen for every test but the first 2.

I am getting a package incorrectly signed error when I try to install. I am on a MyTouch 4G running 2.2

cyberknight said:
I am getting a package incorrectly signed error when I try to install. I am on a MyTouch 4G running 2.2

Did you enable Settings/Applications/ Allow unsigned or non market apps ?
Im not sure if that helps, but i have it enabled since i got my galaxy s and didnt have ever a signature problem.

I do have Allow non market apps set.

It was a different problem. I had an old version installed. It was signed with a different key so I needed to uninstall it.

I have test in on milestone, system is 2.2.

How can I get the soucre code about the test example?

I’ve tested it on a Nexus S. All tests work well but HelloEffects and HelloTerrain (I’m having a black screen with those two).

hellophysics is a bit choppy btw…

And by now I’m having black screen trying to run by myself a HelloSimpleApplication-like app. Kinda weird O_o…

For a LG Optimus 2X :

VBO’s ON → weird white and black stuff for the first app, black screen for the HelloEffect and others jsut don’t launch.

VA’s ON → Everything’s fine but HelloEffect and HelloTerrain which return black screen.

at least the problems are consistent :slight_smile:

Effect and terrain apparently does not work.

I feel sad about such a device not running VBO’s while the Nexus S is… is this relative to the Android version ?

Just checked on my Desire HD (Android 2.2)

All fine except Terrain and Effect

In HelloMaterial the texture on the cubes is inverted

Guys, can I download just *.apk file? I have some problems with internet on my phone.