JMonkeyPlatform only runs/builds once

Hi,

I’m starting with JMonkeyPlatform and followed all the tutorials, howevver, there’s one problem: I run or buid any project (with or without errors) and it works fine, but then I try to run or build the same (or another) project the progress bar starts moving, but no project is actually running or being built, I have tried these solutions:

• Run or build one project at a time (this is, wait until each run/build stops before attempting another)
  • Closing all other projects
  • Upgrading with the nightly builds

But no solution so far, the only thing I’ve been able to do is to run or build a project and then close JMonkeyPlatform, open it again and run or build again, which isn’t only unconfortable but I’m kind of stuck with the networking example (since it is in fact 2 projects).

The system data:

Product Version: jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-2

Java: 1.7.0-ea; Java HotSpot™ Server VM 16.0-b06

System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; es_CO (jmonkeyplatform)

Please help me, I don’t know what else to do (except maybe using Netbeans, but the JMonkeyPlatform tools are so nice that I don’t want to switch).

Thanks.

Is there a small warning sign in the lower right when that happens? Click it to see some more error output. Also, whats the output of the second build? If theres no output in the build window, check the log (see about screen for settings location)

No, no warning signs, no output in any window, I also put logging code (according to https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/logging_system?s[]=logs) but nothing, even more, the status bar goes from left to right for a few seconds and then just stays white, and when I close jmonkeyplatform it warns me “Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes:” and shows me the runs and builds (except the first one of course because it always works), like if they have never ended (but started anyway).

The only red thing in the Output - Application window is (appears twice when starting jmonkeyplatform):

Uniform m_VertexColor is not declared in shader.

And when building (for the first time), the only red thing is:

To run this application from the command line without Ant, try:

java -jar “D:jmonkeyLSCServerdistMyGame.jar”

Here is the full Output - Application window:

Running on jMonkey Engine 3 Alpha 0.6

Extraction Directory #1: file:/C:/Archivos%20de%20programa/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/modules/ext/

Extraction Directory #2: C:Documents and SettingsXP.jmonkeyplatform

Extraction Directory #3: C:Archivos de programajmonkeyplatform

EDT: Creating OGL thread.

Using LWJGL 2.5

Display created.

Adapter: nv4_disp

Driver Version: 6.14.12.6099

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

Renderer: GeForce 8500 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

GLSL Ver: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Timer resolution: 1000 ticks per second

Caps: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, OpenGL30, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, GLSL130, GLSL140, GLSL150, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, TextureBuffer, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, MeshInstancing, VertexBufferArray]

DesktopAssetManager created.

Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)

Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)

Mouse created.

Keyboard created.

Audio effect extension version: 1.0

Audio max auxilary sends: 2

Camera created (W: 120, H: 120)

Valid jMP project, extending with ProjectAssetManager

Add locator:D:/jmonkey/LSC/assets/

Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Gui Node)

Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Statistics View)

Child (Statistics View) attached to this node (Gui Node)

Valid jMP project, extending with ProjectAssetManager

Add locator:D:/jmonkey/LSCServer/assets/

Checking extension…

Found assets-impl.xml

Checking extension…

Found assets-impl.xml

EDT: Sending re-init request…

OGL: Re-init request received!

OGL: Destroying display (temporarily)

OGL: Waiting for re-init authorization…

EDT: Acknowledged receipt of re-init request!

EDT: Sending re-init authorization…

OGL: Re-init authorization received. Re-initializing…

OGL: Waiting for canvas to become displayable…

OGL: Creating display…

OGL: Waiting for display to become active…

OGL: Display is active!

And here is the full build window:

init:

deps-clean:

Updating property file: D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildbuilt-clean.properties

Deleting directory D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuild

clean:

Building jar: D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildassets.jar

init:

deps-jar:

Updating property file: D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildbuilt-jar.properties

Created dir: D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildclasses

Created dir: D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildempty

Compiling 1 source file to D:jmonkeyLSCServerbuildclasses

compile:

Created dir: D:jmonkeyLSCServerdist

Copy libraries to D:jmonkeyLSCServerdistlib.

Building jar: D:jmonkeyLSCServerdistMyGame.jar

To run this application from the command line without Ant, try:

java -jar “D:jmonkeyLSCServerdistMyGame.jar”

jar:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 1 second)

It’s so frustrating, what should I do? ¿uninstall and installing again would get things worse?

No, reinstalling should be painless…

Yeah, it was painless… but it didn’t solve anything… something else I noticed is that when i run/buid for the second time the process (that hasn’t even started) cannot be closed from jmonkeyplatform (except by closing jmonkeyplatform of course).

Anyway, I’m starting to give up, ¿is there any way to use NetBeans with they jmonkeyengine and use jmonkeyplatform for the tools (like the asset manager) and easily pass them to NetBeans?

Thanks

Since jmonkeyplatform is NetBeans (plus a few plugins), I never actually tried that. :slight_smile: When you open a jme3 project in netbeans, it will ask you to resolve references to the jME3 jars. Either you have to recreate them in the library manager, or you just delete those references and set it up as described here:

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:setting_up_netbeans_and_jme3

But actually switching to netbeans should totally not be necessary… :frowning:

Do you also have JDK 6 installed, can you try whether switching to that changes anything?

And also check in the Project Properties, there is something called “compile on save”, that does unexpected things if you don’t know it’s on or off.

Used jdk6 and no luck, tried checking and unchecking compile on save and no luck.

Let’s do this, I’m going to use NetBeans for the projects and JMonkeyPlatform for the tools so this doesn’t stop my learning process nor my future project.

Of course, this won’t be the end, I would like to know if there is some sort of logging system to be activated or statistics that I can activate on JMonkeyPlatform, I don’t want to leave JMonkeyPlatform just like that (I really like it), and I guess there’s got to be some kind of bug in it that forces that behavior, and of course, I want to help solve it (although I have no clue of how to do it).

Yes, it would definitely be cool if you could help figuring this out. Theres a log in the messages folder of your jMP settings folder, look in the about window for the location.

Ok, but since the text in the files is so big i uploaded them to a temp directory, if there’s anything else I can do just let me know.