JMonkeyPlatform startup error on linux with GFX card only supported OpenGL 1

Hello,

Even after nightly build updates on JME platform i always see this error at JME startup on ubuntu 10.10 system.

I know that i have a poor gfx card (the GMA i945 chip in my laptop which does not support OpenGL 2).

If someone have an idea or if the developpers can fix this …

it prevents me to start any game i developped, even if i manually set :

settings.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL1);

at startup of my app.

(it did worked before)

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0xffffffff80ff0d50 serial: 32 error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) request_code: 1 minor_code: 0

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:277)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.nCreateWindow(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createWindow(LinuxDisplay.java:430)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:317)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:857)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:785)

[catch] at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.createContext(LwjglCanvas.java:285)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.restoreCanvas(LwjglCanvas.java:235)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.runLoop(LwjglCanvas.java:180)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thank you for your help, and sorry if my english is not so good … i’m French.

I think jME3 requires OpenGL2, so I dont think this will ever change. You will need to upgrade or try jME2 instead.

Yes i kow that, but, some time ago, JME3 plaform complained at startup that my hardware does not support OpenGL2, and now, it gives this error… so i think that someting could be fixed on that.

I also think that (like it is said in another forum topic) opengl 1 will still be supported in jme3, so, i think that the jme3 sdk platform should also support it and not giving any error like the one i put in the first topic.

I also have another problem: in my app, i set manually settings.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL1);

I can render the ferrari car and the floor (extracted from the test example).

But i when i try to put a skybox, it appears blank and does not fill the entire scene…

It appears its being worked on (see here) but I dont know details.Wait for one of the contributors to post here.

Can you try running it as a “Display” application instead of a canvas? This issue is unrelated to OpenGL, it has to do with the windowing system on Ubuntu.

Momoko_Fan,

Thanks for your answer, but, can you be more preceise please ?

How do i do that ?

Oops, it seems you’re running jMP. What I mean is, try starting one of the jME3 test examples and see if they work

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, i lost internet access several days …

upon startup of JMP, i still have the error i mentioned on the first topic:

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error – disp: 0xffffffff80ff0d50 serial: 32 error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) request_code: 1 minor_code: 0

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:277)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.nCreateWindow(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createWindow(LinuxDisplay.java:430)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:317)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:857)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:785)

[catch] at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.createContext(LwjglCanvas.java:285)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.restoreCanvas(LwjglCanvas.java:235)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.runLoop(LwjglCanvas.java:180)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

Then, if i try to launch any of the example. whatever i put in the renderer settings, i am facing the same issue :

GRAVE Application 22:04:13 Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:195)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:121)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:164)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:116)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:188)

4 avr. 2011 22:04:13 com.jme3.app.Application handleError

i was trying to test the hovering tank

public class TestHoveringTank extends SimpleApplication implements AnalogListener,

ActionListener {

public static void main(String[] args) {

TestHoveringTank app = new TestHoveringTank();

AppSettings settings = new AppSettings(true);

settings.setTitle(“TestHoveringTank !!”);

settings.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL1);

app.setSettings(settings);

app.start();

}

any idea ?

Thanks !

Oh, its that one. If you do a search on the jME forum for that error you will find tons of people reporting it.

Seems like a common issue on Ubuntu 10.10