JMP nightly: Cannot load model after copying! on Blender model import

Hi all,

I am on the latest nightly. I try to import a static mesh from blender into a jmp asset project. All works fine, until I hit finish:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot load model after copying!

[catch] at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel.copyModel(ImportModel.java:113)

at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel.access$000(ImportModel.java:35)

at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel$1.run(ImportModel.java:62)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Any suggestions?

what happens when you copy the model to the assets folder before and convert it there? also by “all works fine” you mean you see the model in the preview?

Thank you for the suggestion.

Not sure if it is previewed correctly, because it is quite huge, should the preview scale automatically on the whole model?

When selecting the model in the first dialog where you choose the file for import I do not get any obvious error, just many statements like this one:

Loading obejct: Mesh.014

Importing mesh.

Loading material.

Reading texture from file: //textures/mCTw19.jpg

Materials name: {0}

Mesh.014: (0.0, 0.0, -0.0)–> null

Child (Mesh.014) attached to this node (untitled.blend)

Child (untitled.blend) attached to this node (Root Node)

I created a packed file also, there it states the same messages, the j3o file gets created though, BUT, the meshes inside have all no vertices.

I only get en exception in the dialog though. Oh, and the models ARE textured, textures are also copied over to the same location the blend file is located and into a subfolder textures.

Does it seem to be a conversion error, which is not in the output. Can I view somehow the whole Netbeans log?

Or can I somehow influence the logging level?

And it must have something to do with the model itself, the standard cube gets exported without problems, but the same model exported with the blender2ogre model also throws an error (something todo with no faces on a mesh) could be a blender issue.