JMP not updating successfully after format

I can confirm it works for me

Hey peoples,

Is this suppose to be working now without user interaction or am to go back to the Alpha4 download? ā€¦ im getting a simillar problem: Java Hints, and Java SE Projects plugins need to be installed.

Thanks guys

Chris

Err, sorry, windows xp, and using nightly build.

Great work, I could install from scratch and update to the nightly. Had to manually install the Code Checks plugin though. Thank you. :smiley:

All who still have problems make sure the old application and settings are deleted, then update from vanilla alpha-4.

1 Like

Mac updated fine, thanks again normen!

One more problem, and this may be unrelated. My windows 7 pc gets stuck. If I start updating all updates from vanilla, it will usually get stuck 1% in. If I choose just the first update it will get to about 50% and freeze. Seems like it starts and then stops after roughly 5-10 sec. Any idea why? Iā€™ve let it through the firewall. Mac updated fine on the same network.

HeroHero said:
One more problem, and this may be unrelated. My windows 7 pc gets stuck. If I start updating all updates from vanilla, it will usually get stuck 1% in. If I choose just the first update it will get to about 50% and freeze. Seems like it starts and then stops after roughly 5-10 sec. Any idea why? I've let it through the firewall. Mac updated fine on the same network.

This is more a temporary server problem. Try later. Nothing else to do. :/

Huh? Updates work fine for me right now, also he said its the same network and he was able to update the macā€¦ So this doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a network problem on our side (especially as we moved our server away from the faulty router).

I havenā€™t had a problem updating either, but the site had a slight stutter during the night, so it couldā€™ve happen that he tried to update while the hiccup was occurring. Just saying. It very well might be something on his side. ISP, bad connection, etc.

As I said, nothing else to do about it than retry later one way or the other.

It is very uncommon for me to post about a problem without having tried to fix it or find a fix on my own. I tried updating my PC on 3 occasions over the past 48 hours in case it was your servers. Then I tried the mac and it worked fine. So I know itā€™s me, but im not sure why. Just wondering if itā€™s something anyone else had experience with.

For anyone who runs across this, I ran windows in safe mode and it updated fine. Case closed!