JMP stopped working

I dont know when this broke I think it was after the last update last night, but now I cannot open jMP in Windows 7.

It brings up the loading splash screen, hits loading core i think then it just exits to desktop - no error message, nothing.

Can anybody tell me where I can find a log or something to help me identify whats stopping jMP from opening!

jMonkeyPlatform creates a user folder called jmonkeyplatform where it stores its settings. in the "dev/var/log/" subfolder should be a file called "messages.log". Uh, I dont know where the folder is on Windows, honestly, would be cool if you could tell me xD

Cheers,

Normen

There is no file called messages.log on my pc…

Im on windows and cannot find the file you refer to… doing a full system search now

Otherwise just run from command line, should also give you the output. But I really wanna know where that config folder of jMP is on windows :confused:

Ok so running from the cmd line the process doesnt actually stop - but jmp never finishes loading yet the process is inside my process explorer…

Whats going on!

tired your windows installer, nice work.  It installs fine on windows 7 and automagically picked up my jme projects from my broken jmp installation. :smiley: :smiley:

renegadeandy said:

tired your windows installer, nice work.  It installs fine on windows 7 and automagically picked up my jme projects from my broken jmp installation. :D :D

Can you please still try deleting and re-installing alpha-1 and updating it to the latest update center version again to see if there are any more problems?

Hey Normen:

On my Windows7 installation of jMP, it seems the log files go inside:

C:Users<name>DocumentsNetBeansProjectsjme3-gdebuildtestuserdirvarlog

Inside this log directory, I see the following files: 

headdump.hprof
messages.log.2

The config stuff seems to be inside:

C:Users<name>DocumentsNetBeansProjectsjme3-gdebuildtestuserdirconfig

Quote:
Hey Normen:

On my Windows7 installation of jMP, it seems the log files go inside:

C:Users<name>DocumentsNetBeansProjectsjme3-gdebuildtestuserdirvar
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Thats a strange place.. You only downloaded and installed jMP and did not build it yourself, yeah?

No, I checked out jMP from SVN and built it myself.

Finally found the debug messages - on Windows 7 for me they exist here:

C:Users<username>AppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdevlogs

renegadeandy said:

Finally found the debug messages - on Windows 7 for me they exist here:

Wee! Thanks for that info, been hunting that for long now ;)