JNLP Demos

Heheh, ok, it doesn’t work for me either. Eric, did you move the texture used by the particle? From Matzon’s post, it appears the TextureState is failing because the texture doesn’t exist.

Thanks Matzon, I was assuming it still worked, because it worked earlier, so I thought the issue was display settings.

P.S. Eric, I’m looking into why the Milkshape/ASE loaders aren’t work via JWS. Can you give me any more information? Any errors, or anything? Everything I’m finding seems to indicate BufferedReader should work fine.

mojomonk:

Sorry, my oversight with the particle effects test. What happened was that I had updated the test to use URLs, but when I synced with CVS my changes were accidentally overwritten. I’ve uploaded a fixed version, so the particle system test should work now. And we need to transfer the files to your server ASAP. I can’t hide all the bandwidth usage for much longer!

edit: I think I’ve found where the Milkshape test is dying. It’s cause of loadTexture not properly loading. Could we somehow change it to use the same .getClassloader.getResource() style?

Matzon:

I’m requesting 0 alpha, 8 depth, 0 stencil bits. Is it safe to assume this will always work?

JaydeRyu:

The little program I gave you should output all the valid display modes your card/monitor/… supports. Oh, and I suggest you keep the .dll out of the jre directory. That can cause problems later when different versions of lwjgl attempt to coexist on your system. Use the -Djava.library.path to specify the location.

e.g.

java -Djava.library.path=f:javajmelib -cp .;lwjgl.jar; testpackage.Test

Zip them up and send them to me whenever you want. I’ll put them in the webstart directory. I’ll look into getting ftp setup so you can upload new versions yourself.

(I’m posting this below 'cause I made my edit to the previous post after you’d already posted, so you might’ve missed it.)

I think I’ve found where the Milkshape test is dying. It’s cause of loadTexture not properly loading. Could we somehow change it to use the same .getClassloader.getResource() style?

"EricTheRed" wrote:
Matzon:
I'm requesting 0 alpha, 8 depth, 0 stencil bits. Is it safe to assume this will always work?
yeah, I would think so - the test works fine now :)

thx, now the second test that utilisizes stuff (fog, particleSystem in the form of snow, camNode) is jmetest.effects.TestParticleSystem2

thats snow for ya.

its also great to know that jME can run unoptimised on such a machine. I think we can now add our mimimun system requirements. Anybody have a slower machine? :wink:

"EricTheRed" wrote:
(I'm posting this below 'cause I made my edit to the previous post after you'd already posted, so you might've missed it.)

I think I've found where the Milkshape test is dying. It's cause of loadTexture not properly loading. Could we somehow change it to use the same .getClassloader.getResource() style?

Oh yes, I knew about this, and forgot to fix it. :// I'll do that right away.

Ok, milkshape updated, let me know if that fixes it.

Nope, no joy. When I get home later today (not soon enough!) I’ll take a closer look. Perhaps one of us will find a suitable solution. It’s only a matter of time!

Shoot, I changed the loadTexture method in MilkshapeASCIIModel, but maybe I did something wrong?

Are there anymore demos to try out?

We are in the process of getting the page up and running to show all the current tests (some are more impressive than others :)). Site should be up soon. Say with the release of 0.5 in a week or so.

Eric, could you put the jME logo in the jar so the preferences show it? Let's advertise. :)

Many of the most popular demos now display the logo on the properties dialog. I have to edit every file indiviudally to get them to display the logos, so I didn’t do all of the classes. (Such mind numbning work!) Also, just so people know, the demos now exist at

http://www.mojomonkeycoding.com/webstart/jmedemo/package.TestName

A word of warning, however: not all tests are webstart compatible, specifically those involving sound and consequently some of the GUI tests.

Quick question: can people see the jME logo when the webstart demos load? I can, but since Mark wasn’t seeing anything I was wondering if I was the exception.

I see the logo on my home machine. Didn’t on my work machine. Not sure why.