Jogl

Sorry, I don’t know much about headless rendering… I’ve been using JoGL for a week or two before finding LWJGL and switching to it. I just know the basic of it…

I think the JoGL forum would be a good place for you (@ javagaming.org).

Chman

(cross post form www.javagaming.org)

I finished the jogl renderer I was working on for jme. Hear is the code, you will need the libs for jogl and the ones form jinput on jinput.dev.java.net. Please note that I used the libs that still use the name Axes. If you want to use the new libs then you will need to change the word Axes to whatever they changed it to. I needed to make some changes to the interface to get this working. All features except for headlessrendering, Render to Texture and shaders are not supported. JOGL requires that all calls to gl must be made inside a callback, to do this i needed to move some code threw the display system. The only notable change is that users can not initiate the input system in initSystem() and intGame() is now public.

AOL.de | Kostenlose Email, Nachrichten & Wetter, Finanzen , Sport und Star-News auf AOL.de - AOL.com

mojo dose not want to add this into jme until .9 is ready.

Badmi, you know we are working on 0.9 where no new features will be added, but the project will be cleaned, and organized. Including a formal schedule and features road map. Nothing new will be added to jME until this is done. Adding to it all the server issues, means it will be awhile. Once 0.9 is there, and the feature list is out, we will have to see where it lies on the schedule and worry about implementing it in at that time.
"DarkProphet" wrote:
Also, can you please compare the FPS you get badmi using lwjgl and jogl with the same test? Id like to know if there is any significant FPS increase/loss...

DP :)

To compare LWJGL and JOGL you can try this "real world app":
http://www.bytonic.de/html/jake2_webstart.html

Dirk

I know that I am late but hear is a zip with only the changes to the core and not any of the jogl files. The changes should be very simple. Basically the app class tells the display system when it is time to update and then the display system calls the update method.

files

I will attempt to make some flow charts if my code was to long.

this is what whe have now in app:

start
    |
init system
    |
init game
    |
do
    |
Update game
   |
Loop
   |
Shutdown

this is what jogl needs:

start
    |
init system

> Tell display system that it is time to init game.
                                                 |
                                                 |
  init game <
Display sytem calls callback
                                                 |
                                                 |
do <
Return

> Tell display system that it is time to Update game.
                                               |
                                               |
   Update game <
Display sytem calls callback
                                               |
                                               |
Loop <
Return
   |
Shutdown

Thanks Badmi, don’t worry, this is being looked at.

If I can help in any way, tell me.