Jogl

coming down to the last few errors need some help

in JOGLFogState,JOGLLightState,JOGLMaterialState I get can't resolve symbol class BufferUtils and Can't resolve Symbol varible BufferUtils. Was there an update i missed and BufferUtils is out?  I can't get LWJGLFog,light,or material state to compile either same errors.

Also i'm getting errors on Texture.getTranslation(),getScale(),and getRotation() I looked in the javadocs and they aren't there either.  Also again LWJGLTextureState also won't compile because of these errors.

Finally I am having trouble with getting swapBuffer() and renderQuery() to work in JOGLTextureRenderer

BufferUtils is in com.jme.utils.geom.

Texture does in fact have those methods… sounds like you need to update from cvs? Those have been in place for quite awhile.

swapBuffer and renderQuery? swapBuckets and renderQueue?

I had jme .8 src and jme.8 jar Takes fork to eye now I got more errors than ever.  Back to square one I guess it isn't bad just takes awhile to go in and out of every lwjgl related file and find calls and find a equal or way of doing the same thing.  Most times it's just changing GL11,GL12 so on to a GL gl.  Just take a few more weeks I guess,  don't even think about releasing .10 on me before I finish

I would recommend working with the code in CVS. That way you can keep it up to date with the latest build. Or at least use the nightly build jars.

GL11 -> GL?  That's accessing lwjgl directly… not our fault.  Especially if we're talking about a jogl implementation

renanse said:

GL11 -> GL? That's accessing lwjgl directly... not our fault. Especially if we're talking about a jogl implementation

I'm not using lwjgl insted of the call being GL11.glGetFloat(GL.GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mvBuffer);
i use                                                    gl.glGetFloatv(GL.GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mvBuffer); with a jogl GL object and I don't see anywhere where i blamed you guys for my stupid mistake.  I've just grown accustom to JCreator which may or may not support cvs and ant I should look into it. 

hey badmi i was looking at your jogl code the forum thread you had going and i still don't get the changes you wanted made to jme could you tell me about them.

These are Pbuffer problems,

1: I've never used PBuffers let alone PBuffers in jogl.  Do I just make the PBuffers context current and use gl.glCopyTexImage2D(blah blah blah)

2:What is headless rendering?  Does that just use a PBuffer context to do everything off screen?

I need help guys, the jogl forums just label you as a noob and tell you to look at there demos and there demos are 300 lines of code with no documentation.

found out a few things, there isn't x11 jogl pbuffer support and they don't plan on adding it because opengl is moving towards FBO(frame buffer objects)  i'll have to just copy the frame buffer.

Patrick said:

hey badmi i was looking at your jogl code the forum thread you had going and i still don't get the changes you wanted made to jme could you tell me about them.

JOGL rewires all calls to opengl be made from a callback function. I could not just call them from the main thread like the LWJGL code dose. I came up with a way to have most of the game logic be called from within the callback function. Tell me if you need more info.

let me take a stab at it

jogl collects all the calls and sends them in just 1 big heap? and lwjgl just sends them as soon as you call it.

since jogl pbuffer doesn't support mac I think I'm going to use FBO's

It is similar to the paint meathead in canvases in awt. You extend the canvass and give it a paint meathead. The canvass then calls the paint meathead when it is ready to paint.  To the beast of my knowledge all calls to JOGL must be from within the GLEventListener. I needed to call the applications reader function from within this meathead. Most of my medications were meant to do just that.

Badmi said:
Most of my medications were meant to do just that.

medications?  ;)

besides your slip I understand now,  Also do anybody know FBO driver status is it still only supported in beta?  Also on what cards?

I ran a FBO demo and it didn't work even with beta drivers and i'm pretty sure the program would of checked for support.

Badmi said:

To the beast of my knowledge all calls to JOGL must be from within the GLEventListener.

Don't think this is true. With the new JSR release it is possible to make the contex current and you don't have to use the GLEventListener.

Just what I've read. I've never actually used JOGL.

Remember, I am a year out of date, some of my modifications may not be necessary.

already posted about it on the jogl forums

anybody know about FBO

the GLEventListener manages the conext for you so you don't need GLEventListener

My jogl stuff is ready to go only 1 think left to do and i'm calling out Badmi to maybe help with it.  I'd had to scrape your input code could you get it up to date?

After inital release i'll let a few weeks out for bug testing by the public then i'll start working on freatures such as FBO, nvidias cg, and any other request.